PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a movie for my DD's party!

Pennylane
08-11-2008, 04:36 PM
So my dd is having a party this weekend with a few girls from her school. They are all 6-7. It is kind of a princess themed party and we are planning on showing a movie but I can't decide on one. I was thinking of Enchanted but am worried that it might scare someone. Any suggestions other than Cinderella ? Is there anything new out that age would like?

Thanks,

Ann

Wife_and_mommy
08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
These are all the children's movies rated G on pluggedin.com : http://www.pluggedinonline.com/video/sortpage.cfm

From there, maybe The Princess Diaries? Is that too old for 6-7 yo's? I thought it was a really cute movie.

Hth. Have fun.:)

egoldber
08-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Are you open to the Barbie movies? They are all IMO cute and harmless and way more "girl power" than the Disney movies. Sarah's favs are Rapunzel, Princess and the Pauper, and The 12 Dancing Princesses. :)

urquie
08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
how about the princess bride? i'm not sure of the recommended age, but it is rated PG.

pinkmomagain
08-11-2008, 06:24 PM
I can't remember if they are age-appropriate but they are cute...you can look into:

Ella Enchanted
Princess Diaries
Rogers & Hamerstein's Cinderella (with Brandy)

elizabethkott
08-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Oooh! What about "Ever After"? I love that movie!!!

wendmatt
08-11-2008, 07:32 PM
DD is 5 and loved Enchanted. It has a scary part with the dragon but not too bad.

Corie
08-11-2008, 09:10 PM
My suggestions:

Any of the Barbie movies-Carson loves 12 Dancing Princesses

Ella Enchanted

The Princess Diaries 1 or 2- Carson prefers the second one.

Ice Princess

Aquamarine

Spiderwick Chronicles-we ALL loved this movie.

Enchanted

Because of Winn-Dixie

Spy Kids

Jumanji

Nanny McPhee

Sky High

I don't know any of these movie ratings and since I don't know
your comfort level, I would check before playing. But I allow
all of these movies to be seen in my house.

MarisaSF
08-12-2008, 05:31 AM
Are you open to the Barbie movies? They are all IMO cute and harmless and way more "girl power" than the Disney movies. Sarah's favs are Rapunzel, Princess and the Pauper, and The 12 Dancing Princesses. :)

Ooh! I'm so glad to hear this! A friend gave DD the Barbie Rapunzel movie for her birthday. I was a bit hesitant to open it. :)

Sorry, OP, to hijack. I don't know what 6-7 year olds are into, but have a super party! Sounds like a fun idea!

almostmom
08-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Not princess-y, really, but what about Annie?

Pennylane
08-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! There are a lot of movies that I have never heard of and am going to write them all down for the future.

I am going to give my dd a few of the suggestions and let her choose.

Ann