PDA

View Full Version : Questions about BJCS

tnrnchick74
08-12-2008, 03:18 PM
OK, I've narrowed it down to this stroller...

I went today to a store that carries the BJ as well as P&Ts. BUT they didnt have the city single - only the mini. I played around with it and agreed that I think since my son is on the larger side, I need the extended weight limit of the City.

I might have an opportunity to buy a VERY gently used 2006 (store return, so basically brand new). I'm not sure what the differences are between the 2006, 2007, and 2008 models. I also don't know what a good price would be for a 2006.

Anyone know the feature differences? Thanks!

strollerqueen
08-13-2008, 01:04 AM
I have a pretty good comparison of the older and the newer models on strollerqueen.com Look under "Year o' Strollers", scroll down to "May."

WatchingThemGrow
08-13-2008, 07:36 AM
The canopy changed pretty drastically halfway through 2007, and several on here have said to pay more for the better canopy - esp. w/FL sun.

KHF
08-13-2008, 07:49 AM
I had the 2005 BJCS (the same as the 2006) which BJ replaced with a 2007.5 (stroller frame issue), and the difference was monumental. The canopy has an extra section to it which makes it leaps and bounds ahead of the first one.

I know there have been some 2007.5 ones up on StrollerSWAP recently. You might check there. I think it would definitely be worth the extra $$ to get the newer canopy. They also changed the recline mechanism and it's much easier to use on the 2007.5 and later versions.

That said, the fabric has also changed some. The older BJ fabric seemed more "cloth-like." Along the lines of Jansport backpack material maybe? They changed the fabric on the newer ones to a coated, more wipeable fabric. (I haven't seen the 2008 version though, just 2007.5.) I really liked the older fabric better, but not enough to go back.

tnrnchick74
08-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks! this answers my question - I DO need a good shade. I'm jsut not sure I can justify the $$$$ for a brand new BJCS. Now I'm rethinking EVERYTHING@!!!

AAAUUUUGGGHHHH - SO CONFUSED!

KHF
08-13-2008, 03:17 PM
I would really take a look at StrollerSWAP. Anything from 2007.5 and later will have the extra canopy. The Classic City Series will not be as expensive as the Elite. Also, I'm *pretty sure* that Paula at BJ told me that the 2007.5 skins would fit on the 2005 frame, so you might be able to buy the bigger canopy and canopy frame for an older model.

It really is a great stroller. Even my DH, who could care less about strollers, loves our BJCS. It doesn't have a suspension on it, but if you aren't planning on "off-roading" it's not going to make a huge difference.

It's also going to last you a good long time, with a weight limit of 75 pounds, you may never need another one.

I'm pregnant right now, and I just bought a Bugaboo Frog because I'm not sure I'll need a double and I wanted something that would work well with a toddler board. I had been planning on just investing in the bassinet for the BJ, but I tripped over an amazing deal on the Frog and got it for just $50 more than the BJ bassinet would have cost me!

If I do end up buying a double though, I'm relatively certain it will be a BJ. You simply cannot beat that fold. It's awesome.