PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas For Healthy, Fast Meals

randomkid
08-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I know there was a recent thread, but she had some restrictions. Wanted to start a new one for maybe some different ideas.

DD is in swimming lessons right now - every day M-F at 5:30. I work 3-4 days a week, so those days are pretty challenging for dinner. I'd like something healthy that includes veggies. I'm kind of in a rut right now and these late swim lessons don't help. On days off, I could do prep work before hand, but it needs to be pretty quick to cook. This is mostly for me and DH. I have to feed DD as soon as we get home, so I usually have her dinner ready ahead of time. Slow cooker recipes and grilling are great options for me.

I'll check out the Cooking Light recipes, but I'm open to other ideas.

Thanks

lynchgmr
08-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi there. Check out the following board - it's a Weight Watcher support board, but has a lot of great recipe ideas, and feedback from folks that actually tried the recipes. It breaks the recipes out in different sections, like "crock pots and pressure cookers" and "barbeque and grilling". Good luck! :)

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/index.php

alexsmommy
08-21-2008, 09:59 AM
I just came up with one by accident last night. I periodically make pizza and decided to at the last minute. Since I hadn't made dough or bought TJ's, I grabbed the Pillsbury thin crust from the cooler at our local grocery store. It only takes 9-11 minutes to cook. As I was making the toppings (Italian turkey sausage, carmelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, spinach, basil, fontina and mozzerella, canned sauce) it dawned on me that I could pre-make all of the toppings on the weekend and then just throw the pizza together and have it on the table in under 15 minutes on work/school/extra-curricular days. I can get more veggies down DS on pizza than other forms so this will be in heavy rotation this fall. The Pillsbury crust is not the healthiest, but it did cook completely even with the toppings on it in about 11 minutes.