PDA

View Full Version : Rent or Buy Bounce House?

carolinamama
08-13-2008, 08:35 AM
We are having ds's 3rd Birthday party at our house. I plan to have a bounce house as the main activity and am trying to decide if it is a better idea to rent a large bounce house or buy a smaller one. I have $200 budgeted for this so I can only buy one of he smaller ones if I go that route. Would love to have our own for playdates etc but don't want it to be too small for a party of 7-8 preschoolers.

Thanks!

toby
08-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Do you know how much it would be to rent one?

julieakc
08-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Personally I would just rent.

In our area it cost around $80 to rent all day (about an 8 hour block) and it is a nice big bounce house that adults can enjoy too (yes I like to enjoy the bounce house too). Plus I like that I can rent one that matches the party theme: this year we had Madagascar, last year we had Shrek.

The ones you can buy (I'm thinkining Little Tikes) are not really suitable for more than a couple kids at a time (especially the smaller ones), are not as big and do not seem as sturdy and "solid" IMO.

Pennylane
08-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Sarah,

We also wanted one for a party we were having and ended up buying instead of renting. I bought one at BJ'S for about $275 and looking back I really wish we would have rented instead. It is a nice jumper, but it is only supposed to hold 4-5 kids and it is not very bouncy. The ones you rent can usually hold more children and they are really bouncy.

Ours is pretty hard to get folded up too, so I don't get it out as much as I thought I would.

Ann

brismom
08-13-2008, 02:21 PM
we bought one and split it with my sister who has two kids, that way we get twice the use out of it, it gets pricey when you start looking at the different styles around (we went with one that had a slide) we figured in the long run it would pay for itself

hillview
08-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Just went through this decision. I looked at the $$ one at Costco and ended up renting a big one which was great. I don't regret renting. It was massive and about $200 and a major hit. What I could have gotten even for several hundred dollars wouldn't have been as nice. Plus (I rationalize) having it JUST for bday makes it more special for DS. :)
/hillary