PDA

View Full Version : Princess play dresses - deals?

swan01
08-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Hey ladies! I am looking for a couple/few princess-type dresses for DD. The Disney store pricess seem pretty high ($30-35/dress). Any other ideas for places I can look?

Thanks!

Twoboos
08-13-2008, 10:06 AM
If you have a marshall's near you, I've found good deals there in the past. But I haven't seen any recently. I'm sure there will be some around Halloween (and after halloween is the best for prices!) but you probably don't want to wait that long.

Target usually has some. I think some proper Disney ones, but also some kind of generic dress-up dresses. For my dds, any blue dress is automatically Cinderella! :)

Good luck!

jrhoads
08-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Just found 2 Little Adventures Princess Dresses at Marshalls this weekend. They were $12.99 each and super cute!
Good Luck!

brittone2
08-13-2008, 11:53 AM
How big of a rush are you in?

Last year I hit TRU (and Target, but locally TRU had a much better selection) the day after Halloween and got a bunch of costumes that were either 75% or 80% off. I got a Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz costume, a cheerleader costume, a fairy costume, some extra fairy wings, a pirate costume, etc. and it was all insanely inexpensive. I'll probably give them to DD for her 2nd bday in December (she loves dressup already!). If you aren't in a hurry you may find it greatly marked down at that time of the year. I think Target was more picked over as people seem to know more about hitting their clearance stuff, but TRU had a great selection after Halloween last year where I live.

Another inexpensive option is to check 2nd hand/thrift places for fancy party/communion/flower girl/holiday dresses (even if totally tacky LOL) and give them to your DD. They are probably much better quality than typical dressup since they were made as real clothes, kwim?

mamalia
08-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Costco had Disney princess dress up trunks last year. The trunks come with the dress, crown, wand, and shoes. The quality is a little less than the ones you can find at the Disneyland resorts, but it's also a lot less expensive.

hbridge
08-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Another inexpensive option is to check 2nd hand/thrift places for fancy party/communion/flower girl/holiday dresses (even if totally tacky LOL) and give them to your DD. They are probably much better quality than typical dressup since they were made as real clothes, kwim?

That is what we did, but just went to TJMaxx. I found a very pouffy dress a size bigger than DD wore (so she could wear it over clothes) at TJMaxx and she wore that thing until it fell apart. For $12.99 we had a wonderful dress-up dress that didn't tie her into any one Disney princess. You could probably find better quality or lower prices on second hand dresses, but I never thought to do so. I found that just a few "princessy" things would spark DD's imagination enough and we appreciated that she didn't have to pretend to be a specific Disney Princess.

Good luck and have fun with it!

mykidsmom
08-14-2008, 05:47 PM
found them for $14.99 or less at disneyoutlet.com after the holidays. They also have deals throughout the year. I just got Tinkerbelle and Belle for only $9.99 each!

Pennylane
08-14-2008, 08:32 PM
If you have a Tuesday Morning near you, check there. I have found some great dress of clothes in the past there.

Also, Kmart was having a big clearance sale and had some cute dress up shoes for $2.00 pair.

Ann

KimMae
08-15-2008, 08:31 AM
The regular Disney prices are ridiculous - they aren't even nice quality.

Hand me downs are great if you know someone. Also dance costumes from resale shops and consignment sales.

Garage sales.