PDA

View Full Version : Backpack?

kedss
08-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi Ladies-

I'm looking for a good sized backpack style diaper bag, it actually doesn't even have to be a diaper bag, just something I can wear on my back that i can carry my 2 month's and 4.5 year old stuff in?

Any recommendations for backpack companies in general would be great or any deals you have found lately. I'm going to be co-oping for my 4.5 year old's class and will be doing a lot of walking this fall with Hannah either in the stroller or her bjorn and holding Christopher's hand, so I need something on my back that won't bug the heck out of me.

thanks!

Aishe
08-16-2008, 12:50 PM
I love my North Face Isabella backpack. It holds a lot, but even when I pack it full it never feels uncomfortable. And I have shoulder problems, so that's saying a lot!

Snowbaby59
08-18-2008, 08:07 AM
The Baby Sherpa is amazing for packing your gear. It has a built in cooler that actually works! It has a sternum strap and hip belt so is comfy on long hikes carrying lots of gear. You can check them out at www.babysherpa.com

We use ours all the time and they are gret for travelling.

HTH,

Lynn

WatchingThemGrow
08-18-2008, 08:23 AM
I have a light blue Jansport Equinox that I just replaced an older one with. It has mesh bottle pockets on each side, pretty great storage, along with the sternum and waist straps when the load is heavy. It's kinda stringy with the straps right now, but I usually tie them up and pull them out when they're needed. I like that it is padded, on sale w/coupon codes (bagsbuy.com, ebags. etc), and it will still be fine to use 4-5 years down the road when my diaper bags will be long gone. Also...DH will wear it - big plus!

tnrnchick74
08-18-2008, 10:14 AM
JJB packabe or be right back! There are new color/patterns coming out soon as well. It will last you forever!!

iaam
08-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Speaking of back-style diaper bags, does anyone have any experience with the Timi and Leslie backpack? I have a regular should-strap one that I love and am considering getting a backpack from them too -- would love to hear any thoughts. TIA!

sidmand
08-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Speaking of back-style diaper bags, does anyone have any experience with the Timi and Leslie backpack? I have a regular should-strap one that I love and am considering getting a backpack from them too -- would love to hear any thoughts. TIA!

I bought the football one from Mamabargains a little while ago and now I find it's my go-to bag (I couldn't beat the price at the time even though I didn't need another bag)! I don't have any experience with other backpacks though. It's made of a material that's easy to clean and I can store A LOT in it (I'm a total overpacker!!). I don't think it's as sturdy as a typical backpack, but so far I really like it.