PDA

View Full Version : What did you buy yourself from Boden for fall?

jacksmomtobe
08-13-2008, 11:02 PM
I bought stuff for the kids but haven't picked out anything for myself yet so I was wondering what people bought and liked or didn't like. I've been checking out the reviews on their website but it's also nice to hear what people here have bought.

Thanks!

mabun3
08-15-2008, 05:56 PM
But I am thinking of getting one of the vests--beige with brown/reddish and white spots or the navy one to wear over a white shirt for fall. I got their good mood T last year and loved it so I am thinking of getting the purplish one this year. Thats all I have on my list so far.

I am interested in what others are getting too.

Michele

ILoveLucy
08-18-2008, 05:39 PM
I ordered the Fun Spot Jersey Cardigan and the Paintbox Henley. The spot cardigan came today, and it is so cute. It is a thick, soft cotton in a great fitted shape. I think I'll get a lot of use out of it. The henley hasn't come yet, though I'm hopeful it will work as well as the cardigan. :)

I've only ordered Boden once before, a dress, and ended up sending it back due to it not fitting as well as I'd want, but I'm quite happy with this purchase.

jacksmomtobe
09-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Just got a few Boden items for myself...love the double layer henley in Lilac. Comfy & cute. I also picked up 2 of the denim skirts..one in black and the other in vintage. On their site some reviewers complained a bit about the fit but I found the fit to be just perfect. I will post after I wear it if that changes my opinion. Looking forward to receiving some of the other items I ordered. Would love to hear about other people's purchases and their likes/dislikes.

jammytoast
09-16-2008, 02:37 PM
I ordered the velvet jacket in purple and just got it -- really like it. I'm usually a size 10 w/ an ample chest, and the size 14 fits well with a light shirt/super thin sweater underneath.

I waffled on the 'our favorite bag' and once I saw a 12% off + free ship code, jumped on it, also in purple. A bit more $ than I wanted to spend, but I could find nothing I liked better anywhere. Its really well made but I wish that there were one or two more pockets on the inside or that the interior fabric was just a little bit stiffer. I do love it, and may spring for the green one when they go on sale......

WatchingThemGrow
09-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Paintbox Henley in blue should arrive here in spring, I think.

Twoboos
09-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Well I placed an order from the updated sale stuff, but can use it in the fall/winter.

I am still debating everything else... velvet coat, paintbox henley (will I really still like it 9 weeks from now???), double layer vneck, a few other things. I keep looking at the catalog and changing my mind!! Really want that zebra belt but saw a knockoff at Target for around $15 +/- so I would get that instead.

I want to use the 15% off free ship/return (link posted in bargains) but it won't seem to work with Boden's new site! I think I have to clear my cookies and will try again. When the new cc billing cycle starts, lol.

jacksmomtobe
09-18-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm amazed at some of the lag times on the Boden Stuff. I placed an exchange order with the return of some items from my fall prev order (they extend the same deal but having the order processed seems to be a slow as molasses situation even though the order is in with the return sent fedex) and wouldn't you know it that some of the stuff I ordered for both dd and myself now have serious lead times before I can expect delivery (which they didn't when I selected the items). :( I had for the moment decided against the paintbox henley due to the long delay now I'll be waiting on other stuff instead. Seems like there is a wait time on many items that have caught my eye. I know that often things come in sooner than expected. I also had one order (the buy 3 get 4th for $1...can't resist a promo) for my kids and nephews where the items were delayed even though the items were in stock according to their website when I placed the order via internet and still showed that way the day I finally called Boden since I hadn't heard a thing on any of the items and they told me that one item had shipped and the other 3 were delayed. I've also not gotten emails when items have been shipped from some recent orders. I like to know when stuff is on the way so I can look out for those precious blue packages!

C99
09-21-2008, 02:44 PM
I just went to a trunk show and tried on a bunch of stuff. I loved most of it and got some of it (budget limitations prevented getting more). Either my ribcage has shrunk back down or Boden has improved their tailoring (or both) because I didn't have as many fit issues w/ tops as I normally do with Boden. I'm 5'9", small build, 134 lbs. and a size 34B. I got the Crinkly Jersey shirt in size S, the Sassy Textured Cardigan in size 12, the Straight Leg jean in size 10R, and the ballet bow flats in size 39. I also tried on and loved, but did not buy the St. Malo Henley sweater in size 10, Chunky Marl cardigan in size M, and Spot Coat in size 10. On me, I wanted to love, but didn't like the Fun Tank Top (in size 12), Essential Shirt (in size 14 - way too big), and Jersey Pintuck Shirt (also in size 14 and also way too big).

KBecks
09-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Nothing, it's too spendy, but I love some of their handbags and jackets/coats.

jacksmomtobe
10-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Saw the Paintbox Henley in Brown at a Mom at DS's school..it looks very cute. Much nicer colors in person than online. I had been thinking about the gray version but had waffled due to the long delay in availabity and now their site shows them sold out. :( Right now I have the Parisienne tee, velvet jacket enroute to me.