PDA

View Full Version : WHat fish oil do you buy for DC and yourself?

vludmilla
08-14-2008, 10:25 AM
So, I've decided to switch from the flaxseed oil we've been taking to fish oil. I've read the threads on it but I don't know which Carlsons and NN to choose. There are more than one kids Carlson's and many adult versions to choose from. Help me make a choice all of you smart, informed mamas!

Thanks!

Gena
08-14-2008, 11:08 AM
I give DS Nordic Naturals Omega 3-6-9 Junior. It's a burstable capsule (like biting into a cherry tomato) with a slight lemon flavor. He gets 2 every morning with breakfast. DS loves these. Every morning he tells me, "Take vitamin. Take fishy pills!"

I also know many families who have had good experience with Coromega. This has a pudding-like consistancy and can be taken straight from the package on a spoon, or mixed into yogurt or juice.

KBecks
08-14-2008, 11:48 AM
I am taking Nova Naturals DHA strawberry flavored capsules. I'm not giving anything to the kids. I tried to decide quickly because I didn't want to overanalyze. I'm sure there are many that are perfectly fine. :)

brittone2
08-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I use Carlson's or Nordic Naturals CLO. I forget which one I have open in the fridge. I'll check and update later :)

julieakc
08-15-2008, 03:16 AM
I also know many families who have had good experience with Coromega. This has a pudding-like consistancy and can be taken straight from the package on a spoon, or mixed into yogurt or juice.

Yep - we're a Coromega family. DS and I have been taking it for probably about 2 years.

I have heard good things about the Nordic Naturals too. For me I just find the Coromega packets easier since there's no capsules to pierce for DS...when I started him on the Coromega he couldn't have bitten into a capsule.

Puddy73
08-15-2008, 08:49 AM
We like the Coromega packets (orange flavor). The kids complained of "fish burps" with some of the other brands, but they love Coromega. The best price I've found is at www.iherb.com.