PDA

View Full Version : TTC for a boy: Advices please!!

kusumat
08-14-2008, 11:56 AM
We are trying for a boy this time. We already have two girls. Please share with me any suggestions/experience/story/advice on how to successful or increase chances in conceiving a boy. Diet, timing, anything that is safe?

TIA!

lizajane
08-14-2008, 01:37 PM
i really don't think you get to decide.

but they say "boys swim faster, girls live longer" so try on the DAY you ovulate for a boy.

KHF
08-14-2008, 01:59 PM
There was a study not too long ago that suggested that a big breakfast on the day of conception increased the likelihood of it being a boy.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/boy-or-girl-the-answer-may-depend-on-moms-eating-habits/

I know for us, it was the case. On the day of conception I had a HUGE Bob Evans breakfast :-) Had I known about the study, I would have eaten much lighter. I'm having a boy in December, and would really have preferred 2 girls :-) (My DH is ecstatic though...of course he is, he's not the one having to sell all of DD's clothes!)

Kirsten

maestramommy
08-14-2008, 02:06 PM
I know in Japan there have been studies that show eating a diet heavy in fish, tofu, and fresh veggies months beforehand increase chances of getting a boy. Something about how this diet affects the ph in your womb, and making it more hospitable to Y sperm.

I really don't know if this works, but that kind of diet sounds great even if you're not TTC!

proudsahmof3
08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
they say "boys swim faster, girls live longer" so try on the DAY you ovulate for a boy.

Agreed. Both of my boys were conceived by having done the deed the night before ovulation (for certain - I used an ovulation predictor). I also have a friend with FOUR boys and no girls and she says the same thing. . . Just a thought, but not based on any actual scientific evidence. :)

Ceepa
08-14-2008, 03:03 PM
I know this is not what you're asking, but I'll be honest. I'm troubled by the fact that you just gave birth to DD#2 (she's only a few weeks old, right?) and are already considering how to get a boy. Of course you have every right to desiring one gender over the other, but I remember a post you made while still pregnant with DD#2 asking if IVF would guarantee your chances of conceiving a boy. I also remember that your mother came to visit recently and it was an unpleasant experience. You sounded like you were very stressed. Are you being pressured by family for a boy?

I wish you peace in the future, whatever your family may look like. But I hope that DD#2 is cherished as much as any boy could be, too. And I'm not saying you don't love DD#2, the timing of your post just sounds odd to me.

And FWIW, any and every attempt to control gender selection works ... about 50% of the time.

Tondi G
08-16-2008, 12:25 AM
There are a few things to look up... Shettles Method and there is another. You could also check out the chinese baby charts (based on your Lunar age) ... I don't know how accurate it is for everyone but it was accurate for me twice! I have 2 boys and would love a little girl myself!
http://www.chinagold.com/survey.asp

http://www.chinagold.com/babyplanner.asp

http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/shettlesmethod.htm

http://www.in-gender.com/Survey/Results_Diet.aspx

I do have a friend who was trying for a girl.. twice. The 2nd time she was doing all the stuff... diet and suppliements, timing intercourse, having her husband take a hot shower before intercourse (kills of male sperm supposedly?)... anyways they did everything they could and still wound up with another son. When they had an oops, the film contraception failed she thought well it's the complete opposite of what we tried before who knows.... sure enough it was BOY #3! So based on her experience I would say "you get what you get!"

Good luck

WatchingThemGrow
08-16-2008, 06:20 AM
I know this is not what you're asking, but I'll be honest. I'm troubled by the fact that you just gave birth to DD#2 (she's only a few weeks old, right?) and are already considering how to get a boy. Of course you have every right to desiring one gender over the other, but I remember a post you made while still pregnant with DD#2 asking if IVF would guarantee your chances of conceiving a boy. I also remember that your mother came to visit recently and it was an unpleasant experience. You sounded like you were very stressed. Are you being pressured by family for a boy?

I wish you peace in the future, whatever your family may look like. But I hope that DD#2 is cherished as much as any boy could be, too. And I'm not saying you don't love DD#2, the timing of your post just sounds odd to me.

And FWIW, any and every attempt to control gender selection works ... about 50% of the time.

Exactly my thoughts. Enjoy your newest baby girl for now, and worry about that later, pretty please....

JBaxter
08-16-2008, 07:42 AM

I agree. I have gotten pregnant different times in my cycle but non of mine were concieved for a gender. I have had 2 miscarriages and it strikes a sad not to me that people would want to get pregnant JUST to have a boy or girl Im sure my feelings stem from loosing 2 babies when I just wanted a healthy baby and not caring about gender. I have always just prayed for a healthy baby. For me I know God has a plan and has gifted me with these children. Im glad you have 2 happy healthy baby girls. Enjoy them