PDA

View Full Version : Valco Trimode Twin vs. Baby Jogger City Elite Double

momof2tots
08-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Help! I'm torn between the BJCED and the Valco Trimode Twin. I have a 2 1/2 year old and an 8 month old and I need something that will accomodate both of them for walks. I currently have a Schwinn Safari TT double that I'm not happy with.

What I'm looking for is something with good canopies so that I can keep the sun off both kids, but adjust it for the baby if she needs more coverage and less visibility.

Features I like about the valco:
Independent crash bars
Everything comes with it

But the BJCED gets great reviews and a lot of recommendations on this forum. Can anyone give me some comparisons between the two to help me make up my mind? Or things that you like/dislike about each.

Thanks!

catcombs
08-14-2008, 05:40 PM
I have the Valco twin tri-mode and I have been very happy with it but the only thing I would change on it is the the sun canopies- I wish it had one more panel for better coverage. They sell a sun shield that is like a really fine netting the covers the whole front of the stroller but my kids would go nuts if I ever tried that.

WatchingThemGrow
08-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Probably 1/2 the recommendations for the Elite are from me - just blabbing. We love it. The handlebar adjusts waaaay up or down so DD pushed DS around the mall on our walk tonight..."I pushin'" It was hilarious. The canopies can. not. be. beat.

No experience with Valco - except their drink holders that ripped my Bugaboo foam:32: (which is getting replaced this week!!!!!!!):boogie:

racerl1
08-15-2008, 08:41 AM
We purchased the Valco after trying to choose between the same 2 strollers. I have only used the Valco Tri-Mode single so far, but some of the reasons we chose the Valco twin over the BJCED were that the Valco had a car seat adapter and it appeared to have much more room for our toddler to put his feet (He'll be 3 when the baby is born). The foot area on the BJCED looked much smaller. We weren't able to see a BJCED in real life, so this might not be the case. I am very happy with my Valco single, and look forward to using my double in a few months.

klass2
08-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I have a Valco Twin Trimode. I bought it b/c of the versatility of making it either a triple or double stroller. I had 3 boys very close in age (oldest wasn't quite 4 when baby was born).

The sunshades could use some improvement. But I do have the mesh sunshade thing and my kids tolerate it. They don't know anybetter.

I don't like the fold on it though. Especially with the toddler seat on top. It is big and bulky and hard for me to get into my Honda Odyssey. It makes my Duoglider feel like an umbrella stroller...