PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Cape Cod?

beansprout13
08-14-2008, 06:42 PM
We are heading up to Wellfleet, Cape Cod (about 1/2 way up the "arm") on Saturday. I have heard that Saturday traffic on the Cape is horrible (since most rentals are Saturday to Saturday). I have looked on a map and see that Rte 6A is almost the same distance as Rte 6, but is 6A a good option or are there too many traffic lights, etc on it. We are planning on getting up to the Cape around 4 or 5 on Saturday afternoon.

Should we just stick with Rte. 6 and hope for the best or try 6A?

TIA!

willow33
08-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to avoid the traffic. I would stick with Rte 6 and hope for the best. Traffic on the cape is definitely tough as there is only one way in and out, but it's so beautiful that it's worth it.

Have a wonderful time!!

neeleymartin
08-14-2008, 08:53 PM
native cape codder here.

i would definetely take the more scenic 6a. it will take almost as long but a much more enjoyable route. won't seems half as bad.

my husband (also native) would disagree and say to take 6 or better yet stay off the roads altogether.

stop at the mercantile for lunch in dennis, just before the cape playhouse, behind the post office. sandwiches are KILLER!! homemade bread and wooden screen door...too cute!

have fun,
n

jk3
08-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Saturday is the turn-over day and early morning travel can be rough. I love Wellfleet though. You'll have a great time. The ponds are terrific and the beaches are beautiful too. Have a great time!