PDA

View Full Version : Funtainers that don't have characters or themes on them?

kijip
08-14-2008, 09:55 PM
I have seen these and want to get some but the only ones I can find are Barbie/Superheros/Bratz. Not happening. I'd be ok with Superheros if my son wanted them but he HATES superheros...I thought I was going to die when he freaked out at his party on opening a Spiderman doll- J and I love Marvel comics, but T is very put off by masks or people flying or doing anything of the sort. Also plain silver would be more sharable throughout the family since we try to pack lunch for all of us. Do these exist and where to buy? TIA.

WatchingThemGrow
08-14-2008, 10:08 PM
BRU has the plain blue Foogo - looks identical, the straw is just one part. I think you can order them through Walmart.com as well. I feel your pain. We were able to pick up a set on TRU.com on sale w/free shipping. They have soccer balls on them, which is not as bad. I actually really like them for me :)

cmo
08-14-2008, 10:15 PM
The Foogos are plain light blue or pink, plus I have seen some in the Target back-to-school section recently that are plain-ish camoflage, no characters.

kijip
08-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Are Foogos the same thing size wise etc? The three Targets I have been in (while hoarding school supplies for work) only had characters, no camo. I hate that about Target sometimes- different stock and prices!

WatchingThemGrow
08-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Yes, they are the same size. I have one of each, plus the funtainer food jar. Sadly, DH will not handwash either like the label requests :(

dhano923
08-15-2008, 02:58 AM
The Foogo is a plain Funtainer style straw cup. I have a Hello Kitty Funtainer for DD and a plain blue Foogo for DS (for school). But the straw component is actually 3 pieces in the Foogo, not 2 like the Funtainer. But they are both easy to clean.

lablover
08-15-2008, 09:11 AM
My DS has a Speed Racer one. To him, it just has a white car on it and a bunch of #5s. I bought it at Target but it was a few months ago. I recently saw the camouflage ones there too.

pastrygirl
08-15-2008, 09:24 AM
I have a black camo Funtainer, and they make them in (royal) blue camo and pink camo. Those are the only non-character ones I've seen.

jerigirl
08-15-2008, 10:50 AM
The Foogo is a plain Funtainer style straw cup. I have a Hello Kitty Funtainer for DD and a plain blue Foogo for DS (for school). But the straw component is actually 3 pieces in the Foogo, not 2 like the Funtainer. But they are both easy to clean.

My Foogo straw is only 2 pieces like the new style of Funtainer straw. There has been a lot of confusion over the straws because the Funtainer straw was remodeled some months ago. The new Funtainer one is only 2 pieces now and you get a spare inside the cup when you purchase it. Be sure to check that it is there. My Target carries the Foogos in the plastic clamshell packaging and then the character Funtainers and the new Camo ones too. We got our black camo one about a month ago. Here is the number off of my receipt for it if that can help you locate one... 091100460

ETA: I stand corrected! My Foogo straw is indeed 3 pieces as well! Thanks Kayte for pointing that out!

daniele_ut
08-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Are Foogos the same thing size wise etc? The three Targets I have been in (while hoarding school supplies for work) only had characters, no camo. I hate that about Target sometimes- different stock and prices!

The Foogo containers are generally in the camping section with the water bottles. That's where we got the one we have. I saw a huge display of the Funtainers in the back to school section and they were all the character ones.

Failing Target, BRU actually has the blue Foogo straw cups and containers in the sippy cup section.

elektra
08-15-2008, 12:55 PM
I have never actually seen the straw foogos without the characters IRL. I do know that you can buy them at Amazon though.
The Target by my house occasionally has some Batman and Hello Kitty ones, and I have snatched up 2 hello kittys. I only wanted the plain ones too but the Hello Kitty ones are pretty cute IMO. Oh and part of the reason I wanted the plain ones was because they had the non-choking straw, but the hello kitty ones had that same, safer straw for my little one.
And I never would have found them unless SIL had pointed them out. They were not in the baby section but in the camping as PP said.

WatchingThemGrow
08-15-2008, 03:56 PM
This is what we have...
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8007163

and these, but also in straw cup form
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3106016

dhano923
08-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Strange. I have the Blue Foogo with a 3 piece straw -- the top where the child sucks, then the flatter piece that fits into it where the straw attaches and then the straw itself. It also came with an extra straw.

My Helly Kitty Funtainer has 2 piece straw - the top part where the child sucks and then the straw that connects to it. It also came with an extra straw.

I like the 3 piece straw on the Foogo -- I think the vacuum it creates keeps it from leaking. The Funtainer leaks if it's left lying sideways for too long, so I only put water or juice in it, but I've never had a leak issue with the Foogo.

o_mom
08-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Didn't read the thread, so sorry if this is a repeat. Target has Blue, Black, Purple and Pink Camo. Meijer (probably not any near you, but if someone else is looking) has Footballs, Soccer Balls and Race Cars. I didn't look at the 'girl' ones there, so there may be others. If you really want one of those, PM me and I'll see about shipping you some :)

o_mom
08-21-2008, 04:59 PM
ETA: At all the Targets I have been to (at least 5 since starting back-to-school - boy that sounds bad) the camo ones are all on the top shelf above all the character ones. They are also low/no stock many times (gee, go figure, the non-character ones are popular).

Just for good measure, here are the DCPIs:

091100477 Purple
091100811 Blue
091100460 Black