PDA

View Full Version : Shutterfly PHOTOBOOK question

mykidsmom
08-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I recently made a 12x12 photobook on Shutterfly (our family album for last year) and LOVE IT! It arrived today. Some of the pics were off a bit in the color but overall I really am happy with it. It was more fun and easier then all the scrapbooking I used to do and my whole year is now in a slim 12x12 album. Anyway, even with a 20% sale they were having, my book of 101 pages (max allowed) with shipping was $160.00.

I plan to make 1 book for each year (full book of 101 pages for the year) and wondered if they have better deals throughout the year I should know about.

Thanks!

Neatfreak
08-15-2008, 05:01 AM
I'm not sure if this is helpful b/c it's not about Shutterfly, but I tend to use My Publisher for photobooks as they nearly always have an offer for 40% off of a purchase of $100 or more, as well as a "buy-one-get-one" deal. Just register on their website and the coupon cords will start coming ... frequently!

mykidsmom
08-15-2008, 04:42 PM
thanks but I love shutterfly and ALL my pics are already on their site.

lmintzer
08-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi. I also use Shutterfly for yearly (or bi-yearly) photo books. Here are a few money saving tips: 1st, link through Ebates and save 8% off. Ebates also lists some coupons (or you can do a coupon code search on Google). I can often find a 15% off coupon code to enter. Next, only order during their 20% off Photobooks sale time or during their "tiered" sales (when they offer between 15-30% off depending on how much you spend). They will let you use a coupon code on top of their sale which is nice.

The other thing you might consider is switching over to the 8 1/2 x 11 books. While the larger size is nice, this size is more economical.

I'd also look on Ebay. Sometimes you can find someone selling codes. I bought a code for $5.00 that allowed me to order a free book (at least the first 20 pages were free).

If you don't like the color correction they use, you can turn off "vividpix" (that's what they call their automatic color correction program).

Hope that helps some!

mykidsmom
08-16-2008, 08:54 PM
I e-mail them and told them I thought the photos looked too bright and without even asking they are sending me another photo book with the vividpix turned off! Now that is excellent service!!!