PDA

View Full Version : Any good deals on backpacks for preschool?

bandklangley
08-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Has anyone seen any good deals on backpacks for preschool. It wouldn't have to carry much - just some snacks, a change of clothes, and artwork.
Thanks to everyone in advance! :)

fortato
08-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Mamabargains has had a few Four Peas ones. I just got a bag today and it's the perfect size for preschool.

Keep an eye out on that site!!

Ceepa
08-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Lands End is having a $5 off sale. Exp. 8/27/2008.

August Mom
08-15-2008, 05:43 PM
DS had one from TCP for preschool. It was a great size and wore really well. There are always coupons floating around for 15-20% off. Even at regular price they are around $15.

missym
08-15-2008, 06:21 PM
If you have Meijer stores near you, they're running a special where you get $10 off any backpack when you buy $10 worth of Kellogg's products. Backpacks under $10 are free.

JenaW
08-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Not sure how much of a quality backpack you are looking for, but if it is just a good deal, check out Walmart. My kids need a new backpack each year, and with 3 in school this year, (plus preschool and Catholic school tuition, plus supplies) they add up fast. I got my older two (one in prek4 and 1 in K) ones for $5! Can't beat that. They are standard size (meaning they will fit a traditional size folder in them - the one DS had last year was smaller, and it was a major PITA to fit his folder in it), but yet still small enough for their small frames. I got plain ones (not into character items here) - shades of blue for DS and pink for DD. They also had cute matching insulated lunch bags - pink (blue) with pink (blue) camo for around $3.

J

mnosky1
08-16-2008, 11:42 AM
For the last 3 years, we've been fans of the Disney store ones (because DD likes the characters). Last week the backpacks were 14.99 and you get a free lunch box. I liked last years backpacks a little better and was going to reuse as it's in like new condition butthe new lunchboxes don't clip on the old backpacks :(
Just FYI: Art projects from preschool can take up a lot of room so don't get one of those tiny backpacks.
Michelle

pillsnberries
08-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Right now they have Four Peas - School Size backpacks on sale for $13.88. I've seen them on the site a few times in the last few weeks, so if you miss the sale now, you can probably email them to see if they have any stock left.

www.mamabargains.com

calv
08-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Right now they have Four Peas - School Size backpacks on sale for $13.88. I've seen them on the site a few times in the last few weeks, so if you miss the sale now, you can probably email them to see if they have any stock left.

www.mamabargains.com

anyone know if a critter lunchbox from LL fits on the 4 peas bags?

KrisM
08-20-2008, 02:59 PM
If you have Meijer stores near you, they're running a special where you get $10 off any backpack when you buy $10 worth of Kellogg's products. Backpacks under $10 are free.

And in the paper earlier this month, there is a Mail-In-Rebate form for buy 10 Kellogg's products and get $10 by mail. There were coupons too. I bought 10 fruit snacks for $20, used $5 in coupons, and am getting $10 back and a free backpack.

supercalifragilous
08-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Nordstrom Rack also had tons of backpacks for $13.97. They're pretty big but fit my 5-y/o OK. Some were also the rolling kind, but I thought they were heavy (hence the rollers). Some came with hanging wallets.

bandklangley
08-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Thank you so much! Just bought one of the four peas backpacks - have been waiting for them to come back on mamabargain. What a great deal! Can't wait to receive it in the mail.
Thanks to all the Mum's for the suggestions! :)