PDA

View Full Version : "Sticker Club" chain letter.

GlindaGoodWitch
08-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Please.

Kill.

Me.

Do ya just think I don't have enough to do without #1 having to go buy some freakin' stickers and #2 THEN bugging pals to do the same.

I hate people that send me this junk.

Does ANYONE like this kind of thing? Someone please explain it to me.

Thank you in advance.

sarahsthreads
08-15-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm bad. I broke the chain when we got it, because I didn't want some 3 dozen strangers knowing DD's name and address. We could control the six who got the letter from us, but not whoever got it after that. Is it likely that my friends would send it to "bad" people? Probably not, but why take a chance?

I understand that kids love to get mail and all, but I'd rather just have DD exchange "letters" with people she already knows.

Sarah :)

WatchingThemGrow
08-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Oh crud. DH has an aunt who "doesn't do internet" and sent me a recipe chain letter in the mail. I FAIL in that stuff, but I guess I better try to find it this weekend.

I will not be nice to the person who makes me do that stuff for my kid.

GlindaGoodWitch
08-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh man I never even thought of strangers getting DD's name & addy... Excellent point.

I already wrote my own letter saying my 2 year old could care less about getting mail (so break the freakin chain already) and I enclosed stickers for them to send only because I don't want her pal's OLDER BROTHER to be disappointed.

I'm just annoyed because we got the letter from a person who KNOWS how much we have going on and should have known better.

Twoboos
08-15-2008, 10:15 PM
HA! I am going to break the chain and not notify anyone.

The kicker for me: DD1 got it from a boy who did not invite her to his bday party (when the entire group of mutual friends had been invited, and they were told Bday Boy selected the invitees). not good enough to party, but good enough to sticker. I don't think so.

Yes I am petty. :) But I also hate chain letters!

MamaMolly
08-15-2008, 11:52 PM
OMG sign me up for the sticker chain letter voodoo doll! Yick! I broke that puppy too. I sent a packet of stickers to the sender and the boy who sent it to him (after all, isn't that what the sender wants?) Such a PITA.

DD loves to get mail but I agree with the PP that I don't want random strangers sending it. Not that I think anybody weird or dangerous might get it, but why take the chance just for a packet of stickers, KWIM? Her weirdo mom can get those for her! ;)

And in spite of what the chain letters say, think if all the GOOD karma you get from all those people you saved from getting a chain letter! If you calculate it out, breaking a chain letter is probably one of the most generous, selfless things you can possibly do. Comes just under organ donation!

Jab, jab, jab...just poking that voodoo doll...jab, jab, jab!

ThreeofUs
08-16-2008, 02:19 AM
Nope nope nope. I hate and revile chain letters in any form, and I really despise being bullied (which is the tone of most of these letters).

I'm with Molly. I may send a packet of stickers to folks I know, if they've done it in a nice/cute way, but anyone else gets the voodoo doll treatment!