PDA

View Full Version : extra 40% certain Amazon grocery items...

wzly
08-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Hey everyone,
I don't think this has been posted yet...Sorry if duplicate...

Extra 40% off at Checkout on Select Grocery Items with Code: AUGMKDWN (Close to 4,000 items available)...

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&tag=380-20&node=16310101&hidden%2dkeywords=augustclearance

They have a few Earth's Best items, Gerber Graduates, snack pretzel bags, mini peanut butter cups, small ranch dips (great for carrots in the lunch box)...Lots of ideas for school/camp lunch & snacks...

I just ordered a bunch of stuff...

:) Jen

(Thanks to LightningDeals.com for this one...They post the gold box deals on Amazon every day...)

corrie23
08-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Do you have details about this promotion? The link takes me to what looks like the entire Amazon grocery selection. I selected 2 items and entered the code, but it was not accepted (said that it didn't apply to my order). Do you know where I can see the promotion details?

jvs195
08-16-2008, 08:31 AM
If you go to the Grocery page on Amazon on the left there is a box with :

Clearance
Clearance
Clearance

Save 40% on any eligible products during our current Clearance Event. Use the following code when you check out: AUGMKDWN. (Link to how)

wzly
08-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Here's another link that tells you about the promo:

http://www.amazon.com/Managers-Grocery/b/ref=sc_fe_l_2_52129011_1?ie=UTF8&node=307134011&no=52129011&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I just placed a second order (yikes!) and the code worked just fine once again...I think there are some great deals out there if you use the stuff already and can store in bulk...

Happy Shopping!

Twoboos
08-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks for this! I found Fig Newmans for $43.23/12, with the discount was ~$26. around $2 a package is a great deal for these!

jvs195
08-16-2008, 10:35 AM
I am having a terrible time getting all the items to qualify. I had to split my order into 2 items each. I followed the link to their eligible items and some are not working. Has anyone had luck getting the 40% off on the Envirokids cereals?

Puddy73
08-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I can only get it to work on one item per order, but it doesn't work at all unless I order at least two items.

BargainMomforLuke
08-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Save $12 off your $25 order, too with the Self Magazine rebate. Here are the details:

Special Offer with $25 Order

Get a one-year subscription to Self Magazine (a $12.00 value) included with your order when you spend $25 or more at Amazon.com’s Grocery and Health & Personal Care stores. Offer valid for purchases made between August 15 and September 15, 2008.
How to Receive Your Bonus Subscription

1. Purchase a minimum of $25 worth of product from www.amazon.com/grocery or www.amazon.com/hpc
- Please note: Items must be shipped and sold by Amazon.com, items from third-party sellers will not qualify for the offer.
2. Check out, and pay for your order.
3. An email will be sent to your Amazon.com email account within 8 days with instructions on how to redeem your subscription.
4. Offer expires September 15, 2008.

For assistance with this offer:
This promotion is made available by Amazon.com. If you have any questions regarding this offer, please contact Amazon.com Customer Service.

Offer & Refund details

To take advantage of this promotion, simply respond as instructed above. If you are already a subscriber to Self, 12 months will be added to your existing subscription. If you do not wish to take advantage of the offer do no not fill out the form, your information will not be sent to the publisher.

If you wish to receive the subscription and are a new subscriber, you will receive your first issue in 6-8 weeks. At the end of the subscription period, you will have the option to renew your subscription or do nothing and allow your subscription to end.

Offer valid for US subscribers only. Limit one subscription per customer. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of your first issue.

If you would like a refund for your 12 month subscription (a $12 value) as part of your purchase, send a completed copy of this form with a copy of your Amazon.com order confirmation, within 30 days, to: Amazon Special Offer, PO Box 37722, Boone, IA 50037-0722

Name:___________________________

Street Address:________________________

City:____________________________

State:______________________

Zip Code:____________

The emails will only be sent to customers that have not opted out from receiving promotional email communication. If you have chosen to not receive promotional email communication, but still want to receive the offer, you will need to update your communication preferences.

LBW
08-16-2008, 01:38 PM
I can't get the code to work correctly either. Sigh.

abstonka
08-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Code worked for me---twice. I accidentally deleted the wrong item and went back and ordered it afterwards (one thing I was buying the first time around only had 1 in stock so I was trying to hurry). The other day I tried this deal and could not get the code to work, either. Only idea is to make sure you browse within the link window that first opens.

I bought yogurt covered soy nuts, Kettle Chips, Reduced-fat Pringles, fruit roll-ups, Trident gum, and Wrigley's gum all for less than I have seen them on sale in stores. There are lots of candy and gum options for upcoming Halloween and harvest festivals. I skipped but was tempted by Planters Pistachios and Poppycock.

Getting $12 back (if you choose a refund over the Self magazine sub) only sweetens the deal further!

Good luck!

linsei
08-16-2008, 08:42 PM
I tried this last night, and could only get one item to discount. It is strange that it worked for some people but not others. I wonder if it was a targeted marketing promo. I usually get e-mails about Amazon's promotions, and I did not get one for this promo. I was window shopping, and put lots of items in my cart, almost $200, and it only discounted $8.xx. I got frustrated and gave up.

Also, be careful not to order a ton of stuff because it *might* have a short shelf life.

linsei
08-16-2008, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=BargainMomforLuke]Save $12 off your $25 order, too with the Self Magazine rebate. Here are the details:

Special Offer with $25 Order

If you did this offer with the shoe promo, can you do it with food? I'm just wondering if it is cosidered a different promotion.

Jo..
08-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Dr.Kracker flatbreads are more than 50% off after code...I LOVE these things!

Jo..
08-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Dr.Kracker flatbreads are more than 50% off after code...I LOVE these things!

BargainMomforLuke
08-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Here is the original link for the 40% savings:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_7346072_1?ie=UTF8&node=307134011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=15224F5XGSFRPBJN4ZW3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=429197401&pf_rd_i=16310101

Grocery Clearance Event
For a limited time, save an additional 40% on more than 2,000 eligible items in our current Clearance Event. Use the following code when you check out: AUGMKDWN. Please note that some clearance items may have a short shelf life and are not refundable. Quantities available for this instant rebate are limited, so act quickly to get the best deal. Offer valid while supplies last. (This offer cannot be combined with Subscribe & Save or other code-based offers; read the fine print below.)

Plus, orders over $25 are eligible for FREE Super Saver shipping.

wzly
08-17-2008, 12:21 PM
It's open to all...Not a special e-mail promo or anything...Anyone who goes to Amazon can get it...These manager clearances happen every so often...

I just ordered again...Candy for Halloween...(Am I really ready for Halloween???)

If the code doesn't work on a certain item, you can have Amazon call you and they will credit your account if you place the order...I know it's not the best, but they seem to come through in the end on these code issues...

Happy shopping!