PDA

View Full Version : Present for a 7-year-old girl?

kellij
08-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Please help! We have a bday party to go to this afternoon. It's for the daughter of a good friend, but we only see them at this party, once a year. So I have no idea what she's into. Last year it was pirates and my little pony.

Suggestions?

Thanks!!
Kelli

Pennylane
08-16-2008, 11:53 AM
My dd is almost 7 and she loves Little Pet Shop, any art supplies, jewelry(real or pretend), jewelry making kits.

Ann

bubbaray
08-16-2008, 12:26 PM
I'd think you'd be safe with something like Polly Pockets or any of the mini dolls. Barbie is still a hit with that age group IME. Definitely not Dora or Disney Princess, unless you check with the parents first and the girl is still into those (generally, those are for younger than 7, especially Dora).

Other hits we've given are beading sets. DH gave his niece a hair twirly bead thing (Conair?) for 7 or 8 (sorry, can't remember) and she LOVED it.

ETA: I'm not sure if it was this one: http://www.conair.com/conair-quick-gems-p-578.html
Obviously, its for use with parental supervision.

skygoddess
08-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Polly Pockets, Barbie accessories, "grownup" jewelry from Claire's, Hannah Montana stuff.

supercalifragilous
08-17-2008, 01:37 AM
My best friend's girl is 7 and loves Hannah Montana & High School Musical stuff, hands down. The new Miley Cyrus CD, perhaps? (Ask mom first, as there are some inappropriate songs in there, IMO.)

She's also into reading - loves the Junie B Jones series and Nancy Drew books.