PDA

View Full Version : Twins...Double Strollers

mjmamma
08-16-2008, 07:50 PM
I have a question about double strollers. I have new twins and a double snap n go. For a stroller, I will need something lightweight that will get used for small trips into the preschool, mall, etc.
After hearing so much about it, I am leaning toward the Baby Jogger City Mini Double. But I was also considering a Maclaren Double..but no one on the board seems to recommend them. Is there a reason? Are they just considered low end? I don't want to spend too much considering it won't be used for too much. How about a double Inglesia Or Aria? Thanks

salsah
08-16-2008, 08:10 PM
i would not call the maclaren low end. the complaints that i hear about the mac is that it has a third set of wheel in the middle so you may find yourself constantly kicking the wheels. the aria is okay as a lightweight indoor stroller. i think that you might be happier with bjcmd for longer because it has better steering and larger wheels -- which will make a difference as the babies get older / heavier.

theloo
08-22-2008, 04:53 PM
All the double strollers seem SOOOO expensive ... I mean more than triple the cost of single strollers.

Does anyone have experience with the InStep jogging strollers? I don't mean for jogging, really, but for everyday walking use? This one in particular:

http://www.thestrollerstore.com/safari-swivel-double-stroller.html

Thanks a bunch!!!

mjmamma
08-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks Salsah..I wasn't sure why some 'better' doubles were never strongly recommended. I will need it for the long haul..I can't really carry the twins w/ the older two around. They're gonna be 'stroller babies' for a while.
I ordered the BJCMD last night from Albee. I'm very excited..it seems to be so well reviewed. Too bad the parent console is back ordered everywhere. So now I'll have to carry my coffee! Thanks

WatchingThemGrow
08-25-2008, 10:12 AM
I'd call/email BJ cust. service and see when they expect to have them in stock. They've been very helpful.

mjmamma
08-25-2008, 11:25 AM
I did that and the said new orders are expected to be filled 09/26 but some sites had a 09/08 date so I'll try one of them in a two weeks or so. It is an important accessory..and obviously I'm not the only one who thinks so...

WatchingThemGrow
09-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Great! My stroller was backordered and showed up a couple months before I expected it. Much better that way than the opposite! Good luck!