PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think Britax Boulevard will go any lower than $229 shipped in Sept.?

shesse
08-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi!
I need to buy a convertable SOON since DS is now 20 lbs. at 6 mos. The best deal I can find is $229 shipped. Should I wait until the sale in Sept.? It is only a couple of weeks.
Thanks for your thoughts!

Shannon

frugalmom
08-16-2008, 09:56 PM
I think they will. The last Britax sale they had Blvds on amazon for a little less than 200. If you opened a cc it was 176.

I got a deal not at the anual sale, but from a website that had them on sale. They had a coupon that took 20 bucks off and I got cash back through ebates. I ended up paying 190 for it.

vacationer526
08-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Just wanted to chime in that there are still clearance priced Marathons at Target (thanks for the tip on this board a week or two ago!). I bought 2 Marathons (one in "Graystone" and the other in "Brooke") at different Targets in the Chicago area for $135 each last week! yay!

Mommy2Abby
08-16-2008, 11:34 PM
what is the September Britax sale? Where will they be on sale? Thanks!

tazzy
08-17-2008, 08:41 AM
I bought a boulevard during the february sale and paid $229 with shipping from happymothers.com. and that was when the full retail price was $299 on the seat. Now it's gone up to $309.

during the february sale, Amazon was lower priced at 219 on the boulevard (ONLY the boulevard was that high, the others such as the marathon, were cheaper at that point.) they might have gone lower, as another poster mentions, but I didn't look more than two days into the sale.

anyway, I didn't buy from Amazon because I live in Kentucky and Amazon charges sales tax in kentucky. It bites, but apparently there's a warehouse in Lexington, Ky., so we're all stuck paying sales tax on amazon purchases. so for me, personally, the overall price at happymothers was better.

I needed another seat fast, because my son officially outgrew his infant seat this summer, so I paid something like $239 from happymothers during the 15% off sale this summer.

This is my loooooooooong winded way of saying I think $229 is a good price on that particular seat.

(mommy2abby, britax has traditionally allowed online retailers, and ONLINE only, not BRU or anyone like that, to lower the price of their seats twice a year, in Feb and Sept. there has been rumors that they won't be able to do it this Sept, but I have no idea if it's true or not. www.babycheapskate.com outlines the sale in great detail. go to this link to read about the feb sale: http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/2008/02/official-britax-sale-watch-post.html and you can search that blog for more info.)

sste
08-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi, I paid $220 at Amazon this March during the march sale (just like Sept sale). Maybe there was some way to use coupons as the pp did - - that was impressive! - - but I didn't figure that out. The seat I ordered had a recent manufacture date and was only a month or two old, which was great.

Also, I just bought a clearance Marathon at Target for $135 dollars. Somewhere a few weeks back there is a thread with how to look and see if your Target has these - - someone actually provided the item number and how to search for it in your geographic region. I did this and it totally paid off. This was an amazing deal and the manufacture date was only three or at most four months old.

SnuggleBuggles
08-17-2008, 07:56 PM
I think it might go down because they have a new BV model rolling out now and I think that the older one might be on the way out.

Beth

dewfish
08-18-2008, 08:51 AM
I purchased a Blvd in May from Amazon for a final price of $201. They had a coupon code for 20% off Britax, plus I got two price adjustments within 30 days of the purchase. I also recently saw one on clearance in BRU, but it did not have a price, and the bar code would not scan. I did not pursue it, so I don't know what the actual discount was. Good luck. The Blvd is an awesome car seat. Love the headrest.

shesse
08-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Thank you for all of your input!! That helps!