PDA

View Full Version : Motherwear - quality? size?

amldaley
08-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Anyone experienced with Motherwear? What is the quallity?

According to their size chart I am in between sizes...size up or down??

ltmommy
08-17-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I found the sizes ran very large. I am only 5', but after DS was born I was about 135-140, and a medium - large in most bottoms and a medium in most tops. I ordered a small top and medium skirt, figuring they might run larger since they are mostly for postpartum wear, but they were both huge. I actually ordered another skirt in a small, and it too was pretty big.

The quality was ok, not spectacular, maybe a little better than Motherhood, but not as nice as Mimi. But I found they had some really cute syles, and great prices. Overall, I was happy with the items I purchased, and I am so glad a store like this exists!

SnuggleBuggles
08-19-2008, 10:37 PM
I have only bought nursing bras and camis there. I only bought a few nursing shirts and those are from the Gap. The stuff from Motherwear has been fine with the exception of a value line cami. It is total junk! The slide adjusters on the straps broke off- one side on the first day. Because I had the new baby and wasn't in the mood for a post office run I actually kept it and wrapped a bandaid around the pokey bit. A few weeks later the same thing happened on the other size. For the same cost my Target camis have held up perfectly. Avoid the value line.

Beth