PDA

View Full Version : klean kanteen or similar: deals...

Melaine
08-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Anyone find a stupendous deal on these recently? I am looking around for Christmas gifts and would love to get these for everyone on my list...if the price was right. TIA!

Melaine
08-27-2008, 11:27 PM
:yay: I wanted to reply to myself and show ya'll this:
http://togetherbottle.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44&Itemid=57
They are made by Klean Kanteen but seem a little cheaper, with more options.
Hope this helps someone else, too.

1964pandora
08-28-2008, 09:06 AM
:yay: I wanted to reply to myself and show ya'll this:
http://togetherbottle.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44&Itemid=57
They are made by Klean Kanteen but seem a little cheaper, with more options.
Hope this helps someone else, too.

Did you see the reusablebags.com KK 20% off deal, because it is less expensive than this. The code is f70838. Someone said that they thought reusablebags had exorbitant shipping, but I just checked, and shipping for one KK is $6.20. With the 20% off code, I think it's a better deal, especially if you're getting more than one, plus neoprene sleeves.

Susan

Melaine
08-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks, I did see that. I guess I need to add up quantities and shipping. I guess the real thing that is pulling me toward the togetherbottles is that stainless steel lids are only $1 extra....this will definitely require some math not to mention a more complete christmas list!!!

salsah
08-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Someone said that they thought reusablebags had exorbitant shipping, but I just checked, and shipping for one KK is $6.20.
Susan

that was me. so i went and checked again hoping that they changed their shipping rates. they did -- they increased it! instead of charging $11+, this time they want to charge me $12.67 to ship one 27 oz. kk (standard ups -- the cheapest option that they offer).

blastomom
08-28-2008, 06:13 PM
I*ve lucked out finding them at the LL Bean outlets. It is hit or miss, but I did manage to get there when they were on sale once and my mom was with me so she got an extra 10% senior discount. They were 27oz stainless KKs with sports tops. I think LL is now carrying a different model, so BM stores might have those. At least that way you save on shipping.

1964pandora
08-28-2008, 07:42 PM
that was me. so i went and checked again hoping that they changed their shipping rates. they did -- they increased it! instead of charging $11+, this time they want to charge me $12.67 to ship one 27 oz. kk (standard ups -- the cheapest option that they offer).

That's weird, because they charged me me exactly $12.76 to ship $101.80 worth of merchandise. To my zip code, it would cost $8.15 to ship one 27 oz. KK and $6.20 for one 18 oz.

This reusablebags.com suggestion of mine really isn't a DEAL at all, even with 20% off. I only mentioned this "deal" because no one, so far as I know, is offering deals on KK's because they are selling themselves and reusablebags.com just got their stock refreshed.

Yeah, Melanie, that's IS a good deal on the stainless steel tops. It saves about $4, I think. It makes me sick that I had to buy an extra stainless top to perfect my cup!

All I can say is that we'd better use these KK's every day, because when you add up the KK, neoprene holder, stainless steel cap and shipping, it's ridiculously expensive for a cup.

Susan

tina-t
08-28-2008, 07:55 PM
REI has some Sigg on sale for about $16.99.

http://www.rei.com/product/771467

ett
08-28-2008, 09:01 PM
REI has Klean Kanteens and you can get free shipping to the store.

LL Bean also has some and there is a free shipping code. They don't say it's from Klean Kanteen but it looks exactly the same.
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=504411&nav=pp-bc&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1

Melaine
08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
I am pretty sure that LL Bean's bottles are KKs too, so that is cool. Down here in SC, as far as I know, we don't have any stores that carry them, which is a bummer. I hate paying shipping too. arghhh....

Melaine
08-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Here's the breakdown:
I am wanting 10 27oz KKs with loop tops
ReusableBags= $142.21
KarstSports.com=$153.50
Amazon= $163.50
Online Fitness=$169.50
TogetherBottles=$188.49 (these would have stainless steel lids though)

mollys_mommy
08-31-2008, 07:25 PM
have you tried any co-op boards? if you'd like to PM me i can link you to one- good deals on them, but its not as fast as a b&m or online shopping

amarsh31
08-31-2008, 07:41 PM
LL Bean's are made by Klean Kanteen.

I have one and Klean Kanteen is on the screw top as well as on the bottom of the bottle.

HTH

suzhatch1
09-01-2008, 01:40 AM
Nalgene is having an incredible 50% off sale + free shipping with code TMO1. I don't know how long it's going on, but I just picked up 6 bottles for less than $30 shipped!!!!

www.nalgene-outdoor.com

Melaine
09-01-2008, 09:44 AM
I know...that's pretty tempting. I wish their ss bottles were out, but not till later in the season. Great deal though....I just have this underlying fear that someone will come out and say that all plastic is unsafe...

saschalicks
09-01-2008, 02:07 PM
www.baileybea.com (http://www.baileybea.com) sells the KK, and she has a code for 15% off use code MWS15. HTH

1964pandora
09-02-2008, 11:19 AM
www.baileybea.com (http://www.baileybea.com) sells the KK, and she has a code for 15% off use code MWS15. HTH

Unfortunately, I think that Baileybea's prices are really high to begin with, so the 15% off doesn't give you a good price. If you compare Baileybea's price to Melanie's other prices above, Baileybea's price (with the 15% discount) would be $180.52 for 10 27 oz bottles. :(

I just noticed that Melanie said that she was thinking about these for Christmas gifts. That's a good idea. Hmmm....

Susan

Melaine
09-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Yah....I really think I want to become a retailer now! Our klean kanteens are my favorite new product that we've found this year.

1964pandora
09-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Yah....I really think I want to become a retailer now! Our klean kanteens are my favorite new product that we've found this year.

We received our KK order from Reusablebags.com and they're everything I'd hoped they'd be. I'm glad I bought one for myself too. We've used them every day since we received them. I was a bit worried because sometimes I lose my head and purchase things I read about and end up regretting it. So far, so good. Sorry I butchered your name, Melaine.

Susan

P.S. One minor thing-- I don't like the orange colored bottle. I bought one orange and one blue for my two sons, and one black one for me. I thought the orange would be a bright, true orange, but it's a burnt, vomit orange. I don't think it looks like the orange in the photos you see on the internet. I know, petty. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone is debating colors. I do like the blue and the black. I just wish I'd bought stainless instead of orange for my other son. Whaah Whaa.

Melaine
09-03-2008, 08:08 PM
No problem...it's only my middle name anyway ;-)
I'm glad you were pleased with your order. I have been beyond happy with our KKs we bought early this summer, and we've already used them SO much.
Funny you say that, but I have heard several people disappointed in the orange color. Bummer....I'm SURE you could sell it to someone though.

pjsmom30
09-04-2008, 08:47 AM
campmor.com has Kleen Kanteen Stainless Steel 27 oz bottle for 18.99.

No idea if this is a good deal.

Melaine
09-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Maybe with a discount code it might be :-D