PDA

View Full Version : Bike trailer -more bang for less buck out there?

Jacksbean
08-18-2008, 12:56 AM
Hello everyone!

I am trying to find a comfortable bike trailer for my 2 y.o. DS and I to use as I try to incorporate some exercise back into my life. I see so many positives about the Burley d'Lite, but the price tag is so high --for me anyway. My husband indicated that he would like to jog with the trailer, so that means I would also have to add to the already scary price. I won't be having anymore children, so although I know Burley re-sales well, I don't necessarily want to shell out the $ money now. Also, since DS is already 28 lbs. I don't know how many years I would have with the trailer.

Does anyone have any suggestions? We would like something that has comfortable seats, pneumatic tires since inlaws live in a pretty rural (bumpy)area and is safe. I've been reading a little about the Croozer 737. Does anyone have an opinion about that brand? I know that the price includes the different kits one would need for jogging, stroller, and trailer. I also saw a decent review on the CoPilot, but I'm not sure about that one, I am still in the middle of researching that brand.

Thanks for any help/advice. :=)

Snowbaby59
08-18-2008, 08:03 AM
We bought an Instep one at Costco for our daughter. It worked great- was 1/2 the cost of a Burley and took a beating. I am not sure how it would work for jogging but it does have the front wheel attachment included.

Lynn

sunriseiz
08-19-2008, 07:35 PM
We got one a target for <$100 and it's great. Granted I've never used another one, but the kids looooove to ride in it.