PDA

View Full Version : Any Little Tikes/Step 2 playhouse deals?

catpagmo
08-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Has anyone seen any deals on little tikes or step 2 playhouses? I am thinking about trying to find one to give to DD for Christmas. It seems like they should be lowering prices soon since it's the end of the season.

TIA!

kellij
08-18-2008, 11:55 AM
I looked into this last year. I don't think they ever lowered the price. Every once in awhile they have a small sale. I saw some clearanced at the TRU the other day, but it was only one style and they are gone now. You might want to call around though.

I ended up finding the sweetheart one for $40 on craigslist. I was pretty happy.

My kids LOVE the playhouse. It's definitely something I wouldn't have felt bad spending more money on because it gets so much use.

catpagmo
08-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I ended up finding the sweetheart one for $40 on craigslist. I was pretty happy.

Wow! That's a sweet deal! I'm checking craigslist now. Thanks for the info.

WatchingThemGrow
08-18-2008, 12:14 PM
I got one in June on a 20% off weekend sale, but I also used a BRU coupon - 15%off along w/b'day gift cards. I paid $80. You can ask for those for Christmas, maybe. There are some 20% off coupons out now that may be able to be used... We got the Town Center. DD loves all the doors. DH loves the bball hoop. Everyone loves the doorbell.

Actually, this is hilarious. DD was riding her balance bike in the yard and fell off. When she got up and had dirt on her hands, she said, "Oh, dirty. I better go wash them off," and ran to the plastic sink in the kitchen side of her plastic playhouse. LOL

kellij
08-18-2008, 12:17 PM
The key with cl is that you have to look all the time and then jump on it when someone posts. They go really quickly!

WatchingThemGrow
08-18-2008, 12:19 PM
AND...be careful toting them home. I saw one that was a good deal, then later that weekend, we were driving down the interstate. I saw the same one smashed on the side of the road where it wasn't secured inside the truck and it flew out. So sad :(

Melaine
08-18-2008, 02:26 PM
My friends bought one for their kids and one for our's last year at Kmart for $30....the girls love it. It was on "secret" clearance and they just stumbled across it. You can ask them at the front to look it up on the computer and tell you how much everything is. It was about this time of year last year.

MMMommy
08-18-2008, 03:10 PM
My friends bought one for their kids and one for our's last year at Kmart for $30....the girls love it. It was on "secret" clearance and they just stumbled across it. You can ask them at the front to look it up on the computer and tell you how much everything is. It was about this time of year last year.

Which one were you able to get for $30? Was it a Step 2 or Little Tikes? I'm curious as to which model b/c that's a great price.