PDA

View Full Version : The Chinese ladies guiding the medal winners...

american_mama
08-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Ok, I'm watching the women's gymnastics Olympic uneven bar medal ceremony and noticing, again, the Chinese women who guide the medal winners on and off the medal stand. You know who I mean?

They are model-like, very pretty, apparently tall, and big chests. I've thought the same thing during the swimming medal ceremonies. Do you think push up bras, great tailored dresses, or models hired for the job?

Anyone else noticed this?

deenass
08-18-2008, 11:58 PM
The hostesses (the women with the medals on the trays) were specially selected - all a certain height (within 2 inches of one another) very attractive, definitely all had the same "look".

They showed them practicing their walks with arms outstreched. A little too "stepford wife" for my taste!

maestramommy
08-19-2008, 07:30 AM
I did notice it once, because the lady was very glamourous, and dress in a flowing chipau. I don't know about push up bras and such, but that look is very cultural. It's the epitome of beauty to have a figure that looks good in that kind of dress, and usually it's with a straight skirt with slits. I think they figured for the Olympics the flowy skirt was more appropriate and easier for the job they have to do.