PDA

View Full Version : Fitting 2 Marathons in Highlander for 4 days?

Mamma2004
08-19-2008, 10:53 AM
We are SO excited for our best friends to visit this weekend! My Godson has a Britax Marathon that they will bring with them and I know that we can all fit in the Toyota Highlander (complete with third row)...I just don't know how!

Anyone BTDT? It seems the DHs will sit up front while the mammas and the boys will sit in back. I just can't figure out where to put the 2nd set...and how we'll access the 3rd row...

I plan to go to the airport alone so that my Godson can just use DS's Marathon for the 20 min. ride. Once home we can install the 2nd car seat without the pressure of airport traffic.

TIA!

purpleeyes
08-19-2008, 11:53 AM
You have the 2008 highlander? That's what I have and I don't have any problems with both marathons on the 2nd row. Is that what you are thinking?

The middle seat comes out, so you can climb through to get to the back. It is tight, but I've sat back there and had no problems. Then, basically, the two other seats become individual 'chairs' and you can install the marathons on each, with the latch system.

HTH!

purpleeyes
08-19-2008, 11:53 AM
You have the 2008 highlander? That's what I have and I don't have any problems with both marathons on the 2nd row. Is that what you are thinking?

The middle seat comes out, so you can climb through to get to the back. It is tight, but I've sat back there and had no problems. Then, basically, the two other seats become individual 'chairs' and you can install the marathons on each, with the latch system.

HTH!

Mamma2004
08-19-2008, 12:39 PM

HTH!

Sorry, I should have specified - we have a 2004 Highlander. I should see whether that middle seat comes out because that would solve the whole problem. Otherwise I couldn't figure out how we'd get to the back seat!

Thanks again!

smilequeen
08-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I don't have a highlander, but a car with a third row. When we have visitors, my 3.5 year old (FF) always sits in the third row. His brother is in the second (RF), on the same side. That way, we can have adults on the other side and it's easier access. You could also put both boys in the third row assuming they are FF (RF would be a pain getting them in and out). They can climb over and get in their seats and you can reach back to buckle them.