PDA

View Full Version : those who eat Boar's Head lunchmeat

Babywhite
08-19-2008, 11:12 AM
I now have a grocery store nearby that sells Boar's head lunchmeat. I know a lot of people on BBB enjoy it, so I thought you guys could help me out.

I would like to find one that doesn't have any added sugar. Does anyone know of one or how to find out?

TIA

vludmilla
08-19-2008, 11:18 AM
I now have a grocery store nearby that sells Boar's head lunchmeat. I know a lot of people on BBB enjoy it, so I thought you guys could help me out.

I would like to find one that doesn't have any added sugar. Does anyone know of one or how to find out?

TIA

Look up their website and email the question to them. Or call them. I called them to find out which of their lunchmeats were preservative free and they emailed me a pdf document that lists the preservative free meats.

LarsMal
08-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Our grocery store that carries Boar's Head also has booklets available that has all the nutritional information. They also have another book that has recipes in it. They are available at the meat counter. You could check with the deli and see if they have those.

I don't know about the sugar in it, but the low sodium ham is really good!

shoremom
08-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Look up their website and email the question to them. Or call them. I called them to find out which of their lunchmeats were preservative free and they emailed me a pdf document that lists the preservative free meats.

Good to know. thanks.

JTsMom
08-19-2008, 12:48 PM
When we were in FL, our grocery store carried a line of Boars Head that IIRC, they simply called BH Natural. It was preservative and other yucky stuff free. I'm not sure about sugar, but I'd bet that line would be a good starting point, if they have it in your area. They don't carry it here, unfortunately.

DrSally
08-20-2008, 03:19 PM
I've had very good luck calling or emailing CS with questions. I asked about dairy b/c of DS's food allergies and they called back with info. Only 2 of their lunchmeats have dairy, BTW.