PDA

View Full Version : Silver cross pop, Maclaren triumph or Keegaroo Karoo

caitouer
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I would like to buy an umbrella stroller for my 16 months old. Originally I have decided to buy one Maclaren triumph (~$125 shipped for 2007 model). As I saw Silver Cross pop was on sale yesterday, I bought one (~$105 shipped). There is no rain cover for pop as I got it from Shnoop. In a sudden, I am worried that Silver Cross might not be as good as Maclaren triumph. How do you feel about these two strollers? Thanks.

I also saw great deals on Keekaroo. If you buy stroller and high chair, they will give you free Height Right Complete Accessory Kit. I got lost when I have too many choices. :(

lorinick
08-19-2008, 02:37 PM
I would like to buy an umbrella stroller for my 16 months old. Originally I have decided to buy one Maclaren triumph (~$125 shipped for 2007 model). As I saw Silver Cross pop was on sale yesterday, I bought one (~$105 shipped). There is no rain cover for pop as I got it from Shnoop. In a sudden, I am worried that Silver Cross might not be as good as Maclaren triumph. How do you feel about these two strollers? Thanks.

I also saw great deals on Keekaroo. If you buy stroller and high chair, they will give you free Height Right Complete Accessory Kit. I got lost when I have too many choices. :(
IMPO I like the Mac better. I've never been impressed with the Silver Cross. I don't think it's made as well as the Mac it doesn't steer anywhere as nice as the Mac. I think the Mac is worth the extra money. The Mac comes with the rain cover. Though I've never used mine.

ahrimie
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
right now, shnoop is selling the silvery cross v2 for real cheap.. so i was looking online. looks like the v2 is comparable to the mac quest. the pop is a nicer version, so i would guess it's comparable to the techno. does the mac have wheel suspension? i don't see it on their website. the silver cross is supposed to.

how do you like the silver cross?? i've been debating for awhile on getting an umbrella... not sure though bc i have the bugaboo.

mrsjde
10-03-2008, 08:53 AM
I feel your thoughts exactly!

I have a Vista & Bob but wanted something on hand in case we needed something for last minute travel plans on an airplane.

I think I still have a headache from all of the research I did this past week. I ended up with the Triumph. Got a great deal on ebay. The main reasons why I purchased it is because it reclines, light weight, strap for carrying and can be brought on an airplane. All covers seem to be included too.

It should be arriving today, so I am curious if I will like it.

mongo
10-22-2008, 03:52 PM

WHERE DID YOU SEE THE POP FOR SUCH A LOW PRICE? Also, does anyone have a keekaroo? How do they compare with the maclaren?

smilla653
10-25-2008, 07:28 AM
I had an older model Silver Cross umbrella stroller. I really liked the look of it (a Burberry-eqsue plaid) and the fact that it wasn't as ubiquitous as the Mac. It also had an easily-wipedownable nyloney fabric. It never looked dirty. However, it started falling apart after about a year. Several screws kept popping out.

We replaced it with a Triumph. Love it love it love it. Maneuvers well. The rain cover is awesome. It's a perfect stroller. My only complaint is that the fabric is more of a soft padded fabric that absorbs, rather than repels, liquids (we have the model from 2 years ago, so don't know what they're like now). But we have it in dark brown, so it's not like anyone would know how filthy it is (still looks great).