PDA

View Full Version : Cordless phone, is this a good one?

shaee
08-19-2008, 02:14 PM
hi

i need some advice , i am after a cordless phone and so far this is the best one i have found

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG4321B-Expandable-Cordless-Answering/dp/B00138FO86/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I26Q00J0B22D82&colid=3E4RW5DCTGLJ4

any ideas. deals or alternates??

thanks

lorinick
08-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I've never seen that one. But I bet it's good. We have a Panasonic phone with dual phones. We love the phone it replaced another Panasonic that lasted us years. We have had the one we have now for about 5 years now they still work great. I love the speaker phone it stores about 30 numbers in each of our two phones. It has everything you need in a phone.

ZeeBaby
08-19-2008, 03:37 PM
A panasonic phone is definitely a good choice, but you might want to consider the new DECT technology. It is supposed to be good for homes where you have a lot of wireless devices, ie wireless internet, intercoms, etc.

ThreeofUs
08-19-2008, 03:58 PM
A panasonic phone is definitely a good choice, but you might want to consider the new DECT technology. It is supposed to be good for homes where you have a lot of wireless devices, ie wireless internet, intercoms, etc.

:yeahthat: We have the Uniden DECT system, which we like a lot because of the intercom (phone-to-phone) and conference (2+ handsets in use on the same call at once) features. Compare a couple of different systems before you buy this Panasonic model; you may be surprised at what features you want that aren't part of this system.

Costco has a good selection that IME is less expensive than Amazon.

doberbrat
08-19-2008, 04:03 PM
I have that minus the answering machine and I was pleased enough w/it to buy a set for my mom.

the detect 6.0 is supposed to be better.

markbebe
09-17-2008, 11:38 PM
:yeahthat: We have the Uniden DECT system, which we like a lot because of the intercom (phone-to-phone) and conference (2+ handsets in use on the same call at once) features. Compare a couple of different systems before you buy this Panasonic model; you may be surprised at what features you want that aren't part of this system.

Costco has a good selection that IME is less expensive than Amazon.
Does this function as a room monitor. I like the features, but the documentation is unclear whether the DECT's from Uniden can be used for room monitors. They have intercom...can this function as a room monitor?

Thanks,
Mark

Leo
09-18-2008, 09:58 PM
hi

i need some advice , i am after a cordless phone and so far this is the best one i have found

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG4321B-Expandable-Cordless-Answering/dp/B00138FO86/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I26Q00J0B22D82&colid=3E4RW5DCTGLJ4

any ideas. deals or alternates??

thanks

I bought the same Panosonic (but w/ three phones) three weeks ago. It was a Consumer Reports "best buy." So far I'm very impressed. The speaker phone feature on the hand set works great and is very useful for parents who need their hands free.

eggnova
09-19-2008, 11:26 PM
We recently bought the Uniden DCT756-3 Expandable Cordless System from Amazon - it includes the room monitoring in addition to the intercom. I am VERY happy with it. I have a video baby monitor that I haven't even set up yet since the baby sleeps in our room but the phones come in handy if she falls asleep for a nap in one room, and I want to go to another room. I hit a couple buttons on the phone in the room I'm in, and I can hear her breathe!

Tondi G
09-19-2008, 11:37 PM
We've always had good luck with Panasonic phones. my sister has a Uniden phone right now that her boyfriend went out and bought without her and she said she will never buy a Uniden phone again.... it's back to Panasonic!