PDA

View Full Version : Zappos.com doesn't price match anymore!

melissaflorida
08-20-2008, 07:30 PM
I ordered 2 pairs of shoes for my daughter and found one pair $10 less on Nordstroms.com. I emailed them the link and they emailed me back the following:

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we are not able to honor your request. At this time, Zappos.com no longer offers 110% price protections. I'm happy to explain this change in our policy.

Here at Zappos.com, we want to consider ourselves a unique shopping experience, and therefore do not match our policies to follow industry standards. We are committed to providing superior customer service, and offering services like free shipping both ways, 365 day unworn return policy, 24/7 customer support, unbeatable selection, and so much more. Zappos.com is a service company and with this, we hope to grow based on customer loyalty.

There are many competitors who do offer a price matching policy, including www.shoes.com, www.shoebuy.com, and www.onlineshoes.com.

You may also be interested in visiting discount website www.6pm.com for great deals.

~Melissa

MMMommy
08-20-2008, 08:09 PM
I ordered 2 pairs of shoes for my daughter and found one pair $10 less on Nordstroms.com. I emailed them the link and they emailed me back the following:

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we are not able to honor your request. At this time, Zappos.com no longer offers 110% price protections. I'm happy to explain this change in our policy.

Here at Zappos.com, we want to consider ourselves a unique shopping experience, and therefore do not match our policies to follow industry standards. We are committed to providing superior customer service, and offering services like free shipping both ways, 365 day unworn return policy, 24/7 customer support, unbeatable selection, and so much more. Zappos.com is a service company and with this, we hope to grow based on customer loyalty.

There are many competitors who do offer a price matching policy, including www.shoes.com, www.shoebuy.com, and www.onlineshoes.com.

You may also be interested in visiting discount website www.6pm.com for great deals.

~Melissa

I'm surprised that they would refer to specific competitors who do still offer price matching. That's like directly giving their business to someone else! It looks like 6pm.com is affiliated with Zappos, but I'm not sure. Too bad that they don't have the 110% price guarantee anymore. It was great when they had it!

WatchingThemGrow
08-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Uhh...yeah...I'd rather have the old price matching than the "Zappos' joke of the day" or whatever is on their phone music. I haven't ordered from them since they stopped.

todzwife
08-21-2008, 02:21 AM
They don't do the overnight shipping anymore either. Boo.

canada
08-21-2008, 03:50 AM
Just a brief rundown on some shoe websites. If there are any mistakes, please say so:

Zappos stopped price matching full stop this spring.

6pm.com is the discount store of Zappos.

Endless used to offer 110% PM and $5 off. Now, it's just 100% PM and no $5 off. They still offer overnight shipping. I believe they do not factor in the competitor's shipping fee in the final cost. They no longer PM to sister site, Amazon, nor to 6pm (but I may be wrong about the latter).

http://www.endless.com/help/200104720/

Shoes.com used to offer 115% PM. Now, it's 110% PM. Shipping is ground.
They do factor in shipping fees/taxes.

http://www.shoes.com/content.aspx?contentid=Policies

melissaflorida
08-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Funny you mention the shipping. I chose the free shipping standard and received an email from them saying I was upgraded for free to overnight. So I guess that is their marketing strategy to make you feel like you are getting something for free.

I got the shoes the next day but since I paid over $ 10.00 more I felt like I paid for the shipping anyway. Their prices definitely factor in the "free" shipping.

~Melissa

maiaann
08-21-2008, 10:51 AM
I like Canada's summary.

Thought I'd mention Piperlime's policies since nobody mentioned it yet.

Pro/Con: Piperlime also has free shipping (& returns), but it's not overnight.
Con: They no longer price match either, as far as I can tell.
Pro: Piperlime gives out coupons now and again
Con: Limited selection of shoes compared to Endless/Zappos
Con: They charge sales tax (which negates some of the coupon savings).
Pro: If you have a Gap/BR/ON card you get points on Piperlime purchases.
Pro: The few times I've ordered from them my shoes were always wrapped pretty in green paper! :)

maiaann
08-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Funny you mention the shipping. I chose the free shipping standard and received an email from them saying I was upgraded for free to overnight. So I guess that is their marketing strategy to make you feel like you are getting something for free.

I got the shoes the next day but since I paid over $ 10.00 more I felt like I paid for the shipping anyway. Their prices definitely factor in the "free" shipping.

~Melissa

Same thing happened to me. But then, when I returned the shoes I was given a choice for my refund... 1. Receive a credit to my Zappos acct and receive FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING next time as a special bonus or 2. I could receive a regular refund. However; if I chose a refund over Zappos credit, I would NOT be eligible for FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING next time. I thought that was an interesting way for them to handle returns...

mnosky1
08-21-2008, 11:03 AM
I always order from shoebuy. I am not even sure if they have price matching becuase I have never found shoes even close to the discount I get there. I try and wait for the 20% off codes but 15% is still good and then if it's your first order or within 60 days of past order you get another % (5 maybe). I usually buy stride rite, keds and crocs for DD and Clarks, softspots and Sofft for me. (they had stopped carrying softspot for a while and now have it back).
Michelle

lovin2shop
08-21-2008, 11:52 AM
I think that the shoe companies are struggling right now because their costs are going up significantly. I saw an article on it this summer, it has to do with the cost of the int'l shipping since there are very few shoes still made in the US. Plus, tariffs on shoes have gone up to about 40% of the cost if I remember correctly. It said to expect shoe prices to rise this fall and into next year (along with everything else, I guess). But, this one just hits close to my heart...

nupe
08-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Another Piperlime con: Some sale/clearance shoes are non returnable

TahliasMom
08-21-2008, 07:11 PM
i would say it's also been a lot of "abuse" of the PMing policy that has led some of the shoes companies to completely stop or reduce the matching %. sucks for us as consumers... i probably use shoebuy the most, followed by piperlime when i have a code