PDA

View Full Version : Social Groups

shelikesmorningglories
08-20-2008, 08:01 PM
I am slated to join a well known women's social group in my area this fall.For those of you who are in mothers' groups,newcomers' club,and the like...how do you join the group?Jump in and go?Sit back and move slowly?

hellokitty
08-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Just jump in and get involved. It's the easiest way to meet ppl. If you sit back and just watch, it sometimes makes it more difficult to meet others. I am the admin VP of our moms club and since our moms club was new, they needed board members. I am glad that I went for the VP position, I've made some really wonderful ladies and b/c I am a board member I am aware of all the new members, and almost always at most of the events, so I feel like I know what is going on.

annasmom
08-21-2008, 11:35 AM
I would definitely recommend jumping and in and going for it. I say this because I know that when I first joined my moms club it took a while before I started seeing the same people again and again and building a rapport. Also, I thought everyone knew everyone else, and I was the only newbie. I was wrong, and going to more and more functions taught me that, which made me much more comfortable.

Good luck!