PDA

View Full Version : Using multiple TRU/BRU coupons in one shopping trip?

iaam
08-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi all! Quick question about TRU/BRU coupons: have you had success using multiple coupons in the same shopping trip? I have four "20% off a single item" coupons and was wondering if they would let me use all four at the same time, for four different items of course (so one coupon per item). The fine print says "one coupon per customer" but that's what Bed Bath and Beyond coupons say too and I have definitely used more than one in a shopping trip. Would love to hear your experiences so I have a better sense for what to expect. As always, thanks so much!

drcarpiodds
08-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Depends on your BRU/TRU store manager... I lived in NY for a bit, and the BRU we went too accepted more than one coupon... they would even combine coupons on the same items (even though the coupons say not to), so I got really great deals there... I would use the 15% off coupons in combination with $5 off $25 purchase for the same item (something 29.99 goes to 25.49 with the 15% off, then another $5 off of that)...

Now in CA, everything is different... they stick to the one coupon per customer, and don't combine the coupons. =(

ewan's mama
08-21-2008, 09:43 AM
yes, it's the same issue here. it all depends. the BRU where I live used to allow for doubling on the same item as the above person mentioned, but then they changed their policy all of a sudden, so I would call ahead. One BRU may be different than another.

pillsnberries
08-21-2008, 01:26 PM
I've used the $5 of $25 coupon that we sometimes get in our email, in combination with the % off one item coupons.

abesmer
08-21-2008, 05:35 PM
I've been able to use 2 coupons on 2 different items. The cashier just rang up 2 different transactions.

iaam
08-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks for all your input. Reporting back, I was able to use the four coupons on four different items -- the cashier just rang them up as separate transactions. Also, I used two at BRU and two at TRU. Finally, I also had a $5 off $25 coupon (for BRU) that the cashier used with one of my 20% off coupons (i.e., two coupons for same transaction).

MOMMY2MITCHELLnTBD
08-23-2008, 10:42 PM
I was at my BRU yesterday and I was ready to use my 2 - 20% off coupons and the cashier gave me an extra $5 off $25 which I was able to use all in 1 transition.. I was a very happy camper...