PDA

View Full Version : Sorelle has a chance to make it right

Sillygirl
08-22-2008, 02:19 PM
My very first post on the BBB - complaining about Sorelle's bait and switch. Here's the link: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=135210&highlight=Sorelle

Long story short, I ordered a Rita Bella with a metal crib support, they shipped one with a wooden support, and I was SOL trying to get what I had ordered and paid for. They were rude and unhelpful. I joined the BBB, complained to Alan and Denise, and Sorelle's BBB grade dropped from A- to B- (not just on the strength of my complaints, of course.)

Well now, the wooden crib support that I never wanted has completely broken in two. The break occurs in a knot on the wood, so that piece of wood should never have been used in a critical part of the crib. I know it was three and a half years ago, but these cribs are meant to last and be converted to toddler beds. My older boy moved out of it when he was a little older than two, and I never let him jump or climb in it.

So I think Sorelle should send me a replacement. I'll give them a chance to show their customer service has improved. So far, I called the customer service line. I was told I needed to speak to parts and that nobody was available to speak to me now. I should email them and if I don't hear from someone in "a week to ten days" I could call again.

I will report every interaction with Sorelle here, without bias. Let's see if they are interested in imporving their customer service.

Sillygirl
08-26-2008, 12:26 AM
First business day - no reply to my email.

Sillygirl
08-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Three days and no reply from Sorelle.

Sillygirl
08-30-2008, 05:30 AM
Five days - no reply.

Happydaddy
08-31-2008, 10:53 AM
We had a problem with them also. They allowed their retailers to sell a dresser that was not in production and apparently was never going to be. I spoke to the owner and he was able to work it out with the store. Ask for the owner and start out by saying "I really need your help..." You would be surprised how effective this is. If he is not giving you what you want then get nasty. Be persistent and good luck.

Sillygirl
09-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Seventh business day (midway) - no reply from Sorelle. Thanks HappyDaddy for your suggestion. Babyage.com was great when I had the original problem. But only Sorelle is going to have the part I need now.

Sillygirl
09-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Two full weeks and Sorelle still hasn't responded. I'll try calling again on Monday.

Sillygirl
09-10-2008, 01:12 PM
I finally got tired of waiting and called. It took five minutes on hold, but I spoke to someone in the parts department. He seemed to find my email eventually - no discussion of why there was no reply. He suggested I take any problems up with the store, because it was purchased in 2004. I tried to explain to him that I never got what I wanted in the first place, but he told me repeatedly there was nothing he could do for me. Meanwhile, the crib is held together with glue and wire and a stack of books for support, which limits the use of the drop side.

Looks like all that talk from Sorelle about improving customer service was just that - talk.