PDA

View Full Version : When is bath time???

amldaley
08-24-2008, 06:57 PM
DD is almost 4 weeks old. We are ready for the real bath. When in the nurse-diaper-sleep-diaper-nurse cycle does bath time go????

bubbaray
08-24-2008, 07:03 PM
We did bath, diaper, nurse, sleep in the early days. Then we did bath, diaper, book, nurse, sleep. Then bath, diaper, nurse, book, sleep (older, when not trying to nurse to sleep any more). Finally once weaned, bath, diaper, book, sleep.

ShanaMama
08-24-2008, 08:01 PM
I am trying to fit bathing DD2 into my routine. With two kiddos (plus my own shower, lol) to keep track of, I bathe her whenever I can. I actually like bathing her in the morning. I do nurse, diaper, bath, get dressed. Then I have a clean & fresh and relaxed baby.

amldaley
08-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Shanamama, our daughters are exactly 1 week apart :)

SnuggleBuggles
08-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Like Shanamama, we do it whenever but morning works best for us. It is not part of our daily routine b/c babies just aren't that dirty and baths are drying. We aim for about 2/ week. Sounds terrible but it has been fine. :)

Beth

pillsnberries
08-26-2008, 12:08 AM
We have a 12 week old. We've gotten into a routine for around 7-8 pm (depends on when we finish eating dinner), we do bath, diaper, eat, sleep. Works well for us.

ahrimie
08-26-2008, 02:51 AM
We have a 12 week old. We've gotten into a routine for around 7-8 pm (depends on when we finish eating dinner), we do bath, diaper, eat, sleep. Works well for us.

same here... we try to aim for 7:30 for the bath, then nurse, pray, and go to bed. but this took us awhile to establish (she's now 3 months old). in the beginning, we fed her, waited a bit to bathe, then put to bed. i didn't want her to associate nursing to sleep... plus, she was so little and ate so often. she usually couldn't wait to bathe before eating.

mommyp
08-27-2008, 12:22 AM
We did bath, diaper, nurse, sleep in the early days. Then we did bath, diaper, book, nurse, sleep. Then bath, diaper, nurse, book, sleep (older, when not trying to nurse to sleep any more). Finally once weaned, bath, diaper, book, sleep.

:yeahthat:
We're up to bath, diaper, nurse, book, sleep. She's a pretty messy eater, so an evening bath works well for us. Bedtime is at 7:30-8, so bathtime tends to be 6:30ish.