PDA

View Full Version : Young America/Stanley 4 Seasons Contentment bed - do you have it?

MommytoEliana
08-24-2008, 10:12 PM
I know one person had mentioned they had this bed and were very happy with it. Anyone else? I'm 95% sure this is the one we're going to order for DD, but DH and I are the most indecisive people ever. :-)

If you have it, what do you think of the headboard height? (We're looking at the Antiquity Low Post Panel model, twin.) In the pictures it looks pretty tall (http://www.youngamerica.stanleyfurniture.com/youngamerica/ViewInRoom.do?nav2=YBEDSTWIN&sku=825-94-36&nav1=YBEDS), and it is definitely taller than a couple of the other beds we're considering. Does it look out of proportion?

Oh, and if you have this bed, do you have any other pieces from the collection? I'd probably want to get the nightstand for sure, and she needs a tall bookshelf, whether from this collection or elsewhere. We're still debating on a dresser, too.

TIA for reading and for any help!

Cheri

kristenk
08-26-2008, 12:52 PM
DD has that bed! She has the 4 Seasons Contentment White Twin Antiquity Low Post Panel Bed (pasted from the site so I wouldn't skip any words!).

The headboard is pretty high, but it looks fine in her room. We don't have any other pieces from that collection (or YA, for that matter). I still need to get a night stand for her room and we might try to get the one that matches the bed.

The bed itself is pretty high, but that's probably b/c we have a trundle underneath. DD was anti-bed when we first got it and we finally figured out that it was too high for her. We took the trundle out and lowered the mattress as far as it would go and things were fine. We left it like that for quite a while, but it's been up to the tallest height for a while and DD really likes it. I've been very happy with the quality of the bed.

Now that I think about it, I should probably start looking into night stands...

Wife_and_mommy
08-26-2008, 01:08 PM
DD has the YA Contentment Twin Slat: http://tinyurl.com/5geo9a

It was 6 yrs. old when we scored it off CL. It barely looks used and will be her furniture until she leaves home. I highly recommend them and am still tickled at the deal I found every time I walk into her room.

She also has a Contentment Student desk w/ hutch and 5-drawer chest. They each had some slight rubbing which I fixed with a furniture pen. It's not noticeable in the least.

Have fun. DD was and is still ecstatic about her "big girl princess" room. :)

WatchingThemGrow
08-26-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm the one who was blabbing about it before. We have the double with a trundle. We have it on the higher setting for the trundle, and I made a snug-tuck pillow as the bed rail. We all love it. I don't think it looks out of proportion. It has the space to do shams and have pillow stacks if that suits you. We don't really do that, though. DD has a little wooden name stool (that actually belongs to her brother -oops) at the foot that helps her get down. The quality and cust. service are great!