PDA

View Full Version : Ikea Down/Down Alternative quilts

AddiesMom
08-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Has anyone tried Ikea's quilts? This is the first year DD is in a bed and since it gets cold here I would like to get her a down or down alternative quilt with a flannel cover (LL Bean for the cover).

I am looking at Ikea's quilts, specifically ones under $100. They appear to be much less expensive, I could actually get two of them, a cooler one and a warmer one. How is the quality and how do they wash? If it is down does it contain the feathers or do they pop-out of the cover? Are the synthetic ones just as warm as down ones? There are ones that are 2-in-1 also I am thinking of.

Thanks for any info!

blisstwins
08-25-2008, 08:55 AM
We have down alternative ones and they are wonderful. I used to use an $300+ down one from LL Bean (got many years out of it actually) and I am just as pleased with the quality and warmth of my Ikea comforter now. My children used them too and have a winter one and a warm weather one. They wash beautifully and are a great value, IMO.

C99
08-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Love them! I am allergic to down, so we have down-alternative in sizes crib - queen. I have tried some of the cheaper ones, but I think the best ones for the money are the MYSA ($29 for the twin). Our queen-sized MYSA has pretty much replaced our more expensive Land's End Primaloft duvet.

WatchingThemGrow
08-25-2008, 05:17 PM
No experience with IKEA's quilts, but we :heartbeat: Company Store's offerings. You can machine wash theirs and they come in a rainbow of colors. There are often coupon codes also. You can get swatches for some things before ordering.