PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego P3 Travel System 07 Toffee VS Peg Perego Centro Completo Travel System 07

PStevens
08-25-2008, 11:36 AM
If you had to choose.... which one?

In a stroller, I really care about being lightweight,storage and at least one cup holder, height adjustable handles (I am 5'2 and husband is 6'0). I really wanted the seat to reverse or the handles but I dont think neither of them do. Do you really think I would need the reverse seat or handles? I just want to make sure that the car seat faces me and not out to the whole world.

Thanks for your help!!!:)

firsttimemama
08-25-2008, 05:10 PM
re: height adjustable handles - I'd take DH to a store and have him push the P3s and see if it's OK for him.

re: reversible handles.. I know some people will disagree with this because there seems to be a growing sentiment that carseats should stay in the car, but we used the snugrider stroller frame that the snugride carseat snapped into, early on. Then we switched to a P3. I too wanted to be facing the baby early on. I later got into babywearing - with my next baby, I'll probably do the same thing as last time except the baby will be in the snugrider stroller a lot less because I will probably babywear most of the time (unless the baby hates it).

and as for the two strollers, I'm not really sure what the differences are or what the price difference is so I can't speak to that, but I really like my P3 - I bought a 2007 from albeebaby.com

salsah
08-26-2008, 12:42 AM
i think that all strollers are designed so that when you put the car seat in, it faces you (you don't need reversible handles when using a car seat). however you really should leave the car seat in the car as much as possible.
the centro has a reversible hood and full recline so that you can put an infant in facing you (sort of like a bassinet).
neither of these are lightweight but they are not too heavy.
don't worry about cup holders, you can always add one later. (peg perego cup holders are useless so even if the stroller comes with one, you will want to replace it.)
while the p3 is a great stroller, it can not be steered one handed and the basket is difficult to access. and the fold is complicated.
given the difference in height between you and your dh, you will likely need height adustable handles but not neccessarily.
you really need to try them out (and others) so that you can get a better idea of your needs and likes/dislikes.