PDA

View Full Version : X-Post: CPSC Warning: Simplicity Bassinets

writermama
08-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Please read and leave any comments on the thread here:

http://tinyurl.com/6k5nm2

Sensitive Topic Warning: The CPSC notice and the articles mention deaths as the reason for the warning.

Mods: I'm posting this in the lounge because the information in the accompanying articles states that this is one of the most popular brands of bassinets in the country.

writermama
08-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Several retailers are cooperating in a voluntary recall of the Simplicity Bassinets.

More here:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08381.html

momtoonegirl
08-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks for posting this.

Turns out after checking out the involved model numbers, we have one of the recalled bassinets, that we used when DD was born 2.5 years ago. We were storing it to use for any future DC. We will look into any recourse from the store where we purchased it based on the recall.

Thanks again :)

srhs
08-29-2008, 02:04 PM
So glad the STORES are doing something since the company is not. Simplicity's reputation deserves to be in the tank, IMHO.

egoldber
08-29-2008, 02:10 PM
I think the problem is Simplicity does not exist any more.

CPSC is issuing this safety alert because SFCA Inc., the company which purchased all of Simplicity Inc.’s assets at public auction in April 2008, has refused to cooperate with the government and recall the products. SFCA maintains that it is not responsible for products previously manufactured by Simplicity Inc.

srhs
08-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Maybe I am misreading, but I believe SFCA is continuing to manufacture under the Simplicity name.
They are claiming innocence based on the fact the bassinetts were manufactured before THEY took over Simplicty.
Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

mamaoftwins
08-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Maybe I am misreading, but I believe SFCA is continuing to manufacture under the Simplicity name.
They are claiming innocence based on the fact the bassinetts were manufactured before THEY took over Simplicty.
Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you are correct. That's how I read it as well.