PDA

View Full Version : S/O What type of container to buy milk (or OJ) in...

kayte
08-28-2008, 03:42 PM
I am curious what everyone else does... Safer containers or recyclable containers?

I currently buy milk(and oj) in plastic jugs, because we can recycle them and can't recycle the wax covered cartons. But I think it's silly that we use glass cups at home and stainless steal foogo cups when we are out because I don't want to use plastic--yet the milk or oj came in plastic...

I can find some other juices in glass but not the V8 Fusion (which is oneof the ways I gt veggies in my toddler)...doesn't it seem silly to bring home plastic bottles of juice when I am so concerned with what I am using to serve it in...

What does everyone else do?

WatchingThemGrow
08-28-2008, 03:53 PM
My milk comes in a glass bottle. The rest of the family drinks from plastic jugs.

cono0507
08-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Our milk comes in a glass bottle that the company takes back to reuse. We don't drink much juice, usually only 100% apple juice from frozen concentrate (DH loves the stuff).

MamaMolly
08-28-2008, 04:36 PM
I always heard that the plastic jug allows too much light through and that milk looses nutrients that way. When we bought milk we got the paper boxes because that is what the organic/hormone free kind comes in, plus the light issue.

My sister has a juicer and we love to use it to make our own V8 Splash type drinks. We just copy the fruits on the ingredients list! Yum!