PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy from Market Day at school?

kboyle
08-28-2008, 10:22 PM
The PTO ususally sponsors this for the school, and i only found 1 OLD (2006) thread about it on here.

www.marketday.com

does anyone purchase food from there, or has purchased food. from what i've read and looked thru catalog the meats are a bit pricey, but everything seems to get rave reviews.

any info?

C99
08-28-2008, 10:37 PM
It's more expensive than the grocery store, but it's a fundraiser for the school. We loved the frozen chicken fries.

mom2binsd
08-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Talk to other parents at the school who've bought for recommendations...my friend loves a lot of the stuff, for flavor and convenience not necessarily because it's cheaper...I did have the lobster bisque once at a party and it was great!

We'll probably try a few things...and I think my MIL will too as she doesn't do much cooking with her arthritis...

bonbon98
08-28-2008, 11:37 PM
I buy a few things to help support the PTA. We really like the mini banana pancakes and the mini chocolate pancakes. It's a quick and easy breakfast.

kboyle
08-29-2008, 07:31 AM
ooh, thanks mamas, the chicken fries and esp the mini pancakes were the things i was interested in getting :)

most of the people i know from the school are all kinder mom's so as of yet, no one has experience with market day.

alexsmommy
08-29-2008, 07:47 AM
My experience in the past was the food was always pretty consistently tasty. Because I purchased it for fundraising purposes I purposely did not read the ingredient list though - in general I am trying to go for less artifcial ingredients in the home so I won't feel guilty not monitoring outside of the home. I even remember the pizzas as a kid - I loved them. Now that DS is in kindergarten, I'm sure we'll participate with things I know I like to keep on hand - frozen pizzas, chicken fingers, etc.

Jeanne
08-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I do but not every month - much as DD's school would love me to.

Market day is great for me for apps. I've tried several and plan to get many for the open house we host on Christmas Eve.