PDA

View Full Version : Sturdy doll stoller for a 2 year old?

egoldber
08-29-2008, 08:27 AM
And it needs to be able to hold the 2 year old as well as the doll LOL!!

Amy's favorite toy is an old, cheap doll stroller that I had from Sarah. She pushes that thing all.day.long. For her birthday I want to get her a better one.

egoldber
08-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Really? No one else's kid likes to sit in the doll stroller? :ROTFLMAO:

Melaine
08-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Oh mine definitely do and their cheap-o second hand umbrella style strollers just don't stand up to it. I think it would be great to have a sturdier stroller, but the only ones I've really seen are the used little tikes plastic ones. Surely there are nicer ones though.....
My girls favorite thing to do with their strollers is terrorize the dog.

vludmilla
08-31-2008, 09:54 AM
http://www.atoygarden.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1520

I don't have this one but it does say it could hold a child.

bubbaray
08-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Well, both my girls HAVE tried to sit in the Graco doll stroller we have, but we just re-directed them. They only did it a couple of times.

Maclaren makes a doll stroller. Not sure the weight limit.

meslgh
09-01-2008, 09:01 PM
I think I've read that the HABA doll pram can hold a kid. Of course, it is pricy.

egoldber
09-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Right now I am considering the Haba and the Little Tikes (there are actually 2). The LT ones are very sturdy and cheap, even after shipping. The Haba one is prettier, but three times as much.

Well, both my girls HAVE tried to sit in the Graco doll stroller we have, but we just re-directed them. They only did it a couple of times.

That would take a lot of effort and I am waaaay too lazy! Besides, its one of her favorite ways to use the stroller and who am I to take away her fun? I'd rather get a toy that she can use the way she likes to use it. Also, its really cute watching older sis push her around in it. :)

CiderLogan
09-02-2008, 02:21 PM
How about getting her one of the cheapo umbrella strollers at BRU, Target, etc.? Some seem quite small to me, so she could still push it around, yet it would hold her. (Then again, I have very tall girls, so I can't imagine my 2yo could fit in ANY doll stroller so a real stroller would be my only option in this circumstance!)

squimp
09-03-2008, 04:01 AM
We have the PBK one, and LOVE it. My almost 5-yo was riding in it the other day. :D

new_mommy25
09-03-2008, 04:27 AM
The Nova Natural stroller is cute and pretty sturdy. My DD has sat in it without incident.

We had the PBK Zooper stroller and all the kids used to sit in there. It held their weight but eventually the fabric ripped.

annasmom
09-03-2008, 03:49 PM
I LOVE the look of the one at A Toy Garden - but I don't have it. Maybe for this next baby . . .

We do have the Haba push car, which I would assume would be very similar in construction to the doll pram, and my kids ride all over the house in it!!

We have a stroller that is made by American Girl for the bitty baby. It is a good stroller, but not sturdy enough to hold a 2 y.o.

egoldber
09-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Is the Nova Natural stroller tippy? It doesn't seem as sturdy to me for some reason.

I'm a little concerned that the Haba and LT strollers won't be "stroller-like" enough for her.

Melanie
09-04-2008, 03:05 AM
We have the cheap Graco umbrella doll stroller from Ds (the only one that wasn't PINK- hrmph) and a friends' child sat in it once. It seems okay. However the fabric is always coming undone from the frame, though, and that annoys me.

Dd got this one last year for her b-day:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2594888

I really like it EXCEPT the straps continually come undone from the plastic thing that fastens the baby in. I keep meaning to take a few stitches in it to permanently keep them set to a certain length. Otherwise it's really nice. I couldn't find it in any B&M stores, though.

Dc are not allowed to sit in the doll strollers, so I can't really help you there, neither have ever tried to sit in the Chicco one. The Haba Pram has been sat in and seems to be okay, though I don't encourage it. It was a bit hard for Dd to manuever when she got it for her 1st b-day but she has no trouble now.

If it's really more for Sarah to push her around, what about one of those $10 umbrella strollers from TRU or the like? Do you think that'd be too tall for her to push on her own?

egoldber
09-04-2008, 06:44 AM
It sounds like we have a similar Graco. The fabric constantly slips off the frame, it's fraying in one spot and she has ripped one of the fabric ties that hold the basket on.

The cheap-o umbrella is too tall and I'd be concerned about it being tippy because it has a higher center of gravity.

I need to find a picture of Amy in the stroller. She pushes it all.day.long. And then she'll sit in it to eat snack, watch TV, etc.

Melanie
09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Well, she's not all that heavy so you could try the Chicco one. We really like it, otherwise. It pushes very nicely as it has swiveling wheels like a real stroller.