PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever (accidentally) dress like your DC?

LarsMal
08-29-2008, 04:58 PM
I do this *all* the time! DS went through a phase where he wanted to match whatever I (or DH) wore, and he still does sometimes, but that was different.

Today DD and I are both in orange. I didn't even realize it until well after we were dressed. I guess I just had orange on the brain. I've been out in public with them and had people comment, "Oh, how cute, you all match!" and then I look at the three of us and realize we've all got the same color on.

There are times when I like us to coordinate (photos or whatever) but I don't usually set out to dress like my kids!

bubbaray
08-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Yes, I had someone remark the other day "Oh, aren't you all cute, you're all in pink". OK, it was FLUKE. Really. I swear. BTW, all our pinks matched. FLUKE, I swear.

s7714
08-29-2008, 05:42 PM
I've actually gotten to the point that I check for too much matchiness before I leave the house since it happened so many times. One can only take so many comments like "here comes the pink brigade" when arriving at play group. ;)

trentsmom
08-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Yes, I do this, too! I pick out clothes for DS, and then I pick out mine. He's usually the one to comment if we match. I don't mind matching DS, but I don't like matching DH. Too cutesy for me!

sarahsthreads
08-29-2008, 09:43 PM
nak...

often. dd1 will do it on purpose sometimes when she picks out her clothes, but if I pick out what dd1 and dd2 are wearing they often match me (at least the same color family) because i'm usually in a color "mood" on any particular day.

i don't deliberately try to match, but i will try not to clash - i.e. not lime green for me and turquoise for dd2. (of course, half the time dd1 clashes with herself!)

of course, this only applies to days when we all manage to actually *get* dressed...

Sarah :)

mommybex
08-29-2008, 09:57 PM
I do! So funny, I was just thinking about this the other day. The other *coincidental* thing I often match is our orange and gray stroller! I probably subconsciously mean to do it though, since I'm a bit OCD I guess, and really like for things to match!!! :ROTFLMAO:

lizajane
08-29-2008, 10:32 PM
dude, i do it on purpose sometimes! lol!

ok, not really so much these days at ages 5 and 3. but i do match them to each other as often as possible. and DH LOVES to match them at church. so cute! you never would have guessed in a million years that he would do that.

belovedgandp
08-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Yes, yes, and yes. Happens all the time and never intentionally. Now I can't coordinate outfits for a family photo, but we regularly dress the same without realizing it.

C99
08-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Yes, but it's usually more of a style thing than colors.

ThreeofUs
08-30-2008, 12:22 AM
I don't, but I swear DH and DS subliminally track each others' color choices. If one of them is in a red shirt and khakis, so's the other. (Though, with both of them, this state may only last until after the next meal has made its way down the front of their clothes!)

I am not even sure they realize it, but I just love it. It's not cute, just an outward reflection of their closeness.

kijip
08-30-2008, 12:52 AM
Since I would have a hard time pulling off denim shorts, with lime green boots and a pink polo shirt, I am going to have to say no. :)

LarsMal
08-30-2008, 10:19 AM
I do! So funny, I was just thinking about this the other day. The other *coincidental* thing I often match is our orange and gray stroller! I probably subconsciously mean to do it though, since I'm a bit OCD I guess, and really like for things to match!!! :ROTFLMAO:

I have done that many times, as well. I have the red P3 and a red Skip Hop bag. I don't use a stroller as much anymore, but there were many times I'd go out with my red stroller, my red bag, and my red Nike fleece or my red Nike pants.

Thing is- I look horrible in red, so it's something I should NEVER do!!

LarsMal
08-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Since I would have a hard time pulling off denim shorts, with lime green boots and a pink polo shirt, I am going to have to say no. :)

Hey- that sounds like a great look. I think you should give it a try when your belly gets nice and big!

Melanie
09-02-2008, 01:43 AM
Yes! I mean, I've also done it on purpose for photos, but I had people commenting to me about it all the time last year. Oops. My wardrobe is significantly less extensive than hers, so that also surprised me. LOL.

jayali
09-02-2008, 07:02 AM
As an everyday occurrence I would have to say no. My wardrobe is basically black and DS only has 1 black item. DH and DS do have matching sweaters and I do like them to dress a like when we are going out. I NEVER thought DH would agree to it, but he seems to be OK with it.

I do however do it on purpose when we are going out somewhere where there will be lots of people. I read somewhere that you should all dress in a similar color when vacationing or out in crowds. It helps when looking for your family - all you have to do is glance down to remember what they are wearing.