PDA

View Full Version : Fall coat - Boden Velvet coat? or...??

Twoboos
08-30-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm wanting a fall coat. I'm in New England, so it's real fall. Maybe the Boden Velvet coat. not the blazer, even though I know Blazers are way more in this season. I just don't know if I would like it day-to-day.

Is the velvet coat OK for daily wear, to/from preschool, etc? Do you have suggestions for something else? I keep looking at quilted light-down coats - but this is what my winter coat looks like. (And I am historically bad about buying more of the same! Usually if I'm out shopping, whatever I'm wearing is what I'm picking up. Makes me crazy.)

thanks fashionistas!!

jacksmomtobe
09-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I like the Velvet coat...after reading your other post I checked this out and I think that looks like a great coat!!! I think it would work as a daily coat though in the reviews it looks like its not too heavy but that should work for fall.

gatorsmom
09-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I like the coat too. I assume you mean you would wear it just for the fall? It doesn't look warm enough for your winters.

And yeah, I would think that'd be perfect for running to preschool. The fact that it's velvet makes it fun.

Twoboos
09-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Ohhh, I've been laboring over this STILL. Still have it in my cart. (Had a long, hard talk w/myself and deleted most other things...) Found a 12%/free ship coupon. Will probably buy and put more things BACK in the cart!

karin4
09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Ohhh, I've been laboring over this STILL. Still have it in my cart. (Had a long, hard talk w/myself and deleted most other things...) Found a 12%/free ship coupon. Will probably buy and put more things BACK in the cart!

If your order winds up over $150, there's an even better deal out there-- 15% off with free ship. I'm pretty sure there's a link in the Bargains forum. And don't forget eBates, if you use it. Boden gives 5% back.

If you do get the velvet coat, I'd love a review!

Twoboos
09-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Oh. No. 15% off fs/fr. I'm ruined!!!!!

BTW - that code expires in NOVEMBER, plenty of shopping time left, everyone.

I do upromise instead of ebates, (convinced myself I am helping dd's by shopping, haha) and they are currently at 4%.

ETA: bad move on my part, I went to the girls section. <sigh> why is it all so flippin' cute??