PDA

View Full Version : When did your dc outgrow their last nap, and how long did it take?

mamica
08-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Our just-turned 3yo has not napped in at least 6 weeks (and had been resistant for a while prior to that, but still napped a few times a week). Not even in the car. I feel like she still really needs a nap...has been walking around like a zombie on some mornings/crankiness in the afternoon-evening/etc. Is she outgrowing her nap? I feel like it's too soon, but I don't know how to get her to sleep more. She never, rarely, seems well-rested. Maybe with preschool starting next week, it will tire her out more in the mornings, so she'll nap again? Help!

AngelaS
08-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Mine still had to sit on her bed for 'rest time' even after she stopped sleeping. I would make her stay there for an hour every afternoon and some days she napped, some days she didn't. My first stopped napping in kindergarten I think.

I just put my 6yo and almost 4 yo down for naps--so I'll have at least 90 minutes to 2 hours of quiet before one of them gets up. I love nap time. :D

brittone2
08-30-2008, 03:08 PM
DS stopped around age 3, but that was only because I needed him to stop. His nap was causing him to be up until 10pm or later (he was pleasant and cooperative, but that was just too much for me to handle, especially since we had a newborn).

It took a few weeks of rocky afternoons but he stopped shortly after turning 3. He still takes one on occasion though (he's 4.5 now).

mamica
09-16-2008, 08:55 PM
"Mine still had to sit on her bed for 'rest time' even after she stopped sleeping. I would make her stay there for an hour every afternoona'

So, how do you get them to do "quiet time"/rest time? Mine just won't stay.