PDA

View Full Version : quick question for Leapster owners

Babywhite
09-01-2008, 07:51 PM
What age did your kids ** quit** playing with the Leapster??

TIA for your help!

Tondi G
09-02-2008, 02:03 AM
when he got his Nintendo DS last Christmas... he was 6 at the time! He will still occasionally pick it up if his little brother pulls the leapster out! It lasted for 3 years for us... and his 3 year old little bro is just starting to get interested in it now!

bnme
09-02-2008, 07:31 AM
My 5.5 and 4 year-olds still play with them. We've had them around since DS1 was 2.5yo. The current favorite games are Wall-e and Get Puzzled. They play them in the car or when sitting in waiting rooms, etc. They also sometimes play them at home.

If we had a Ninetendo DS I'm sure they'd get much less use, so I am avoiding them as long as I can. DS1 has already asked for it since cousins have it and they love Mario Bros from playong Wii.

g-mama
09-02-2008, 09:12 AM
The Leapster saw heavy use in our home from the time my oldest was 4 til he was almost 7, and only because then he got a Nintendo DS. I held off on the DS for a long time, too, because I knew this would happen. It had a good, long run though.

Melbel
09-02-2008, 09:16 AM
The Leapster saw heavy use in our home from the time my oldest was 4 til he was almost 7, and only because then he got a Nintendo DS. I held off on the DS for a long time, too, because I knew this would happen. It had a good, long run though.

:yeahthat: Our exact situation with DS. DD1 (almost 7) still plays with the Leapster sometimes. She received a DS this past Christmas.

MamaKath
09-07-2008, 07:58 PM
My kids still play with them some at 6 and 9. They are great for waiting rooms and car rides still. We don't have a Nintendo DS which would cause them both to loose interest completely. ;-)