PDA

View Full Version : Is the Nintendo DS Lite age appropriate for an almost 5 year old?

MMMommy
09-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm thinking of getting DD1 a Nintendo DS Lite for Xmas or for her birthday. She turns 5 in early January. She loves fiddling with her cousin's DS Lite (cousin just turned 8). I don't know if the DS Lite is age appropriate or not for an almost 5 year old. Are there games for that age range? If so, what games would you recommend for that age? Or should I hold off for a couple of years?

egoldber
09-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I think a 5 year old would be OK with it. I would consider games like Animal Genius and I Spy. There are also, I think, Diego and Dora type themed games as well. Sarah has one, but she got it at 6.5 and after she was reading well.

kboyle
09-08-2008, 03:07 PM
i have one for myself and charlie is able to play with it a bit. he wasn't fond of the diego game, miss spider game or franklin game. i gave up on trying to get "age specific" things for him...he's able to play mario & lego indiana jones just fine. not great, but he's amused.

i imagine once he learns to read he'll be good to go.

we plan on getting him a used ds for xmas

JBaxter
09-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Nathan will be 5 in November and has had his brothers for about 6 months now. He loves Sonic & Mario