PDA

View Full Version : phone/answerer brand that won't die on me

sste
09-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Three panasonic phones/answering machines dead in six years of non-abusive use. What usually happens in the battery recharge feature stops working so I can't use the handsets.

Anyway, what kind of phone/answerer combo do you recommend - - uniden? phillips? vtech? I am willing to spend whatever it takes not to have to deal with this aggravation every two years . . .

Please help!

SnuggleBuggles
09-02-2008, 01:51 PM
I found that the battery makes all the difference with my Panasonic phone. We did some research and found that the not holding a charge was very common. We buy the Energizer ER P511 nickle metal hydride batteries. Before I started buying this kind of battery I was ready to give up on the phones. You might want to do a one last ditch effort if it is the handset that is the problem

Beth

Tondi G
09-03-2008, 03:23 PM
we have tried Uniden and Vtech... they were both horrible... had a Motorola house phone for a bit but it wasn't great... I think we even had a Sony phone and it was bad too! We have always kept going back to Panasonic and for the most part they are good phones but they do die in a couple of years.... I kinda figure that something that gets daily use and gets dropped often 2 years isn't that bad. We have a Panasonic right now that needs to be replaced... the volume is just too low making it really hard to hear the person ... especially with 2 loud little boys running around the house! I am looking for something Panasonic with no answering machine... not easy to find these days oddly enough!

Good luck

tiapam
09-05-2008, 11:56 PM
We have been really happy with our Uniden system. I didn't think they made the same exact one anymore but it does look an awful lot like this one:

http://www.uniden.com/products/productdetail.cfm?product=TRU8885&page=6#

We now have four cordless handsets and they all hold a charge very well.

lisams
09-06-2008, 12:01 PM
We have a Uniden set that we got from Costco probably 5 years ago that's been great.