PDA

View Full Version : JuJuBe BeTween, or something else?

sarahsthreads
09-02-2008, 02:36 PM
OK, I ordered a SkipHop Duo Deluxe before DD2 was born. I really wanted to love it (and I have to say that the stroller clip/shoulder strap combo is truly ingenious) but it's fallen out of the car upside down, spilling all of it's contents out of pockets that don't really close, one too many times. I also can't stand the very narrow, very deep main compartment. I can fit everything I need into the bag (and more) but I have to pull everything out in my search for the one thing I'm looking for, every time.

So. Now I've been looking at the JJB BeTween. It's shorter than the Duo, but it's also two inches wider, so...will it be big enough?

Here's what I carry: 4-6 size 2 diapers, a small wipes case, a full change of clothes (and often an extra onesie just in case), a lightweight sweater, one or two cloth diapers for burping/nursing privacy, a few spare nursing pads, a binky, a small toy or two, a tiny packet of crayons and occasionally a straw cup for DD1. Also, for myself I carry a wallet (slim but long enough to hold a checkbook), a small camera, my cell phone & keys. Oh! And a small box that holds a few bandaids, etc for skinned knees. If I can also fit a hotsling pouch in there, that would be nice, but not necessary - I've been using the mei tai more often and I don't expect that to fit in the diaper bag really, I just throw it in the stroller basket or use it to wear DD2. (It does sound like I carry a lot, but I don't feel that I'm an overpacker at all!)

I really strongly prefer messenger style bags (although I often just carry it on one shoulder when I wear the mei tai) and don't want to look like I'm carrying a suitcase wherever I go.

So does anyone who has the JJB BeTween think it will work for me and what I carry? Or is there another, better option out there? I'll likely be selling the Duo in order to offset the cost of a new bag, and while I'd rather not shell out too much, I also really need a bag that fits my needs better!

Sarah :)