PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break from the real world...

mdb78
09-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Just realized tonight is the premiere of the new 90210! I was a huge fan back then and I'm curious about how this will go. I know it probably won't be as good as the original series, but I'm excited to see Brenda and Kelly! I hope other original cast members make a special appearance! :)

Emmas Mom
09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Wait, is it a brand new show?? It's not a reunion type thing? With some of the same cast? Man, am I that out of it?? lol

mdb78
09-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Yup, its a brand new series on the CW. Jennie Garth and Shannon Doherty are the only originals right now I think. I think Kelly is a counselor and Brenda is a drama teacher. Tori Spelling was supposed to join, but backed out (supposedly had to do with money). :D

fivi2
09-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Okay - really embarrassed to admit this, but dh was working late one night...

And I caught part of Tori's reality show where she said she had first learned of the spin off from the media (just heard it on the news) - she acted as though she had not been asked to be a part of it. But I did read an article that said what you posted - she pulled out because of money. I wonder which is true. (Or if they asked her after the part of her show that I saw - I haven't seen it since).

WatchingThemGrow
09-02-2008, 08:37 PM
You just made my evening :) I guess I missed the first 1/2 hour, but I'm there now. I loved that show. With HGTV back on my tv AND 90210, I'm actually going to watch programs, something that is foreign to me...

Thanks for the tip!

Twoboos
09-02-2008, 09:06 PM
oh, double darn. I missed it. and I so meant to watch it, and DH was sooooo annoyed by this!!! :)

ETA: ohhhhhhhhhhh TWO hour premiere!! thank you trash TV!!

pb&j
09-02-2008, 10:09 PM
oh, double darn. I missed it. and I so meant to watch it, and DH was sooooo annoyed by this!!! :)

ETA: ohhhhhhhhhhh TWO hour premiere!! thank you trash TV!!

It's replaying on Thursday. Not that I care. :innocent:

elektra
09-02-2008, 10:10 PM
My highschool girlfriends and I were so into the original show that I think I will have to check this out. My dad even asked me if I was going to watch it!?
I was also in the class of '93 like the original 90210 gang. I guess if they start as sophomores like the last show this will now be the class of 2011? Yikes!