PDA

View Full Version : Help I need a potty in Disney! (excuse the TMI)

clc053103
09-03-2008, 08:37 AM
DS is 3 and while he can use a regular toilet (standing), he insists on using his "baby potty" for #2. Luckily, he also only poops when at home- ever. So we would be fine with just having a stand alone potty for the resort. We are staying at BWV.

Anyone have any ideas, other than shipping one down in advance of our trip? We will not have a car to leave the premises. You would think with all those kids there would have to be a potty chair SOMEWHERE!

TIA for any ideas! I was planning to call the resort today as well.

c

JTsMom
09-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Would he go for a potty ring that fits on the regular toilet? Maybe if you started using it at home, he'd be used to it by the time you left? I don't know how much time you have.

If not, maybe you can find a cheapo one online, and just have it shipped directly to the resort.

kimbe
09-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Thank you for this post --- never thought about how DD would go at the resort...we have the flip and flush and rings on our toilets so I'd better pack the ring for her to use while we are there! I agree with getting him to use the ring when you are at home...that is probably going to be the easiest to pack.

I think that Jon and Kate +8 took this one on the plane with them and them keep them in their van http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2910021 I am sure they have other colors ;)

This looks cool http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2328521

or this one

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3132746

HTH!

egoldber
09-03-2008, 10:32 AM
:yeahthat:

I would try to introduce a potty ring. Or else buy one and ship it there. That's probably cheaper than buying one at home and shipping it down there.

JTsMom
09-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Oooh, or there's something like this:
http://store.babycenter.com/product/code/5458.do?scid=SSE:GOO&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=206020

Click on View larger, and it will show you how it folds up. It would be easy to take on the plane like that, or you could probably put it in your suitcase if you wanted.

clc053103
09-03-2008, 04:25 PM
We have 10 days- i keep trying to get him on the big potty, but he never was a fan of the ring. I did buy the fold up seat which I am going to try now- it's sesame so I can push it as a novelty.

thank you thank you for the many ideas! We use a Baby Bjorn (with removable bowl) now so I also have the fear he may not like another potty! I guess we shall see! I'm going to review all these options now!

Kimbe, at BRU there is a fold up ring that would work great for you!

AddiesMom
09-03-2008, 08:31 PM
A few months ago we drove to NYC and Sesame Place and took the small Baby Bjorn for the hotel room and took the Potette 2-in-1 for going out. I found while we were away in a strange place she was much more receptive in using the big potty with me holding her than at home, so give it a try!

Both pottys were easy to pack, and the potette now stays in my car all the time. Don't buy the potette liners (expensive), get a small roll of trash liners at Target (Ruffies I think) and the cheapest nursing or feminine pads you can find.

clc053103
09-05-2008, 09:43 AM
In case anyone else needs help in this area, here's what I ended up doing:

DS is a huge boy- I mean, really big- 48 lbs at 3 yo- and looking at the dimensions, the other bjorn or alternative potties weren't going to accomodate him. So I ended up using a link in the bargains board for drugstore.com to order the regular bjorn potty at a $5 savings, threw in some diapers for overnight use, and got free regular shipping direct to the resort. Much easier and cheaper than shipping my own there and back! I called for help and they were so accomodating- delivery in 4-7 days.

As a side note- if anyone is visiting soon after 9/20 and needs the potty, pm me and I will arrange to leave it at the desk!

JTsMom
09-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Now that was smart!

clc053103
09-05-2008, 04:06 PM
For $20 for the full size bjorn potty with free shipping, it wasn't worth the cost and hassle of shipping my own down! Since we stay at BWV with a washer (and my mother loves to do laundry) I called back and added laundry detergent and bounce sheets to my order too. anything we don't have to pack and lug is great!

mhanscom
10-14-2008, 05:58 PM
FYI if you are inside the park, they have small training toilets at the baby care centers. They are perfect for little ones and are constantly cleaned.

brigeet
10-25-2008, 11:34 PM
FYI if you are inside the park, they have small training toilets at the baby care centers. They are perfect for little ones and are constantly cleaned.

The toddler toilets at the Baby Care Centers also have manual flush handles!