PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Boden, please leave me alone!!

Twoboos
09-03-2008, 01:44 PM
The temptation is too much!!! I have a cart full of stuff. And every time you send me an email with a new discount, I look again and see what I have spaved and add more and maybe remove some. And I WANT it ALL. And I want it NOW, not in 12 weeks or 7 weeks or 3 weeks or whenever you can manage it. I am so trying not to spend the $$$.

Grrrr, you are KILL-ing me, made-up-british-marketing-ploy man!!!

ETA- upon review, this probably belongs in bitching. :)

cvanbrunt
09-03-2008, 05:04 PM
I feel your pain. I just got the email that my order using the evil buy 3 get the 4th for $1 code has shipped. I got the British Tweed skirt, some jeans, less is more shirt, and the Fab wallet. Waiting for the next code because I need some double layer v-necks.

WatchingThemGrow
09-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Wait...he sends codes out? I fell victim and ordered a shirt for ME a week or so ago. I'm thinking it will be spring before it arrives (you know the #ed weeks of waiting).

What do you love from Johnny and friends?

Twoboos
09-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Yesterday I got a code that starts out at 15% off, then 12%, then 10% (goes down every few days for a week).

My cart currently has

double layer vneck
fav crew neck cardigan
paintbox henley
pheobe cami
suede toe plimsolls (so want that dalmation print!!)
velvet blazer and velvet coat (trying to decide which, certainly won't get both)

Would also like to add a bag, belt, couple more shirts and a dress. But I am trying to be reasonable. Even with the code it's nearly $400 (but I would get rid of one of the jackets) and I cannot seem to buy. But I want want want it all. And need not one thing!

bad bad man, johnnie boden.

WatchingThemGrow
09-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Uggh. I just went to look and make sure I used ebates to place my measly Boden and larger BR/Gap order, and wouldn't you know it, I didn't. That could've been like $8 toward more fun stuff.

Guess I should go back to the wardrobe planning/closet cleaning project I started and didn't finish.

Looking forward to my paintbox henley in blue :) I like the stuff you picked!

jacksmomtobe
09-06-2008, 10:52 PM
I hear you...I cannot resist a promo from them. I love their clothes for dd & ds and me! I ordered clothes for the kids on the fall preview but waited on ordering for myself (as usual the summer sale & fall prev hit the same cc bill) since I didn't want the order total to be too high. Figured I would add my items onto any exchange I would do and then get the same deal. Even though I mostly need tops/sweaters for fall I ordered the Authentic Denim Skirt in both black & vintage, the double layer Henley in Lilac on a buy 3 get one for a $1 promo (along with the funky knit dress for dd who probably has too many clothes already though not dresses). On my exchange ordered I added the classic marl crewneck in both pink & turquoise...I haven't ordered these before but love many of the styles in their summer t's, the double layer Henley in Pink, the parisienne T in dark pink. I really wanted the lurex trim sweater in either lilac or black but was trying to keep the exchange order amt down. I was also eyeing the paintbox henley in blue but held off on that. There is so much to like. They have such nice colors and typically even the simple stuff such as ts has a subtle style that makes me like them better than other brands. I just looked at the Velvet Coat....that looks so tempting!! I think I am definitely on the "we need more business let's send a promo out to those ladies who cannot stop buying our stuff" list too. Johnnie Boden the man you love to hate and the women who love him. At least I can say that before last year my clothes need a major overhaul and that is still in process. Love to hear what people think of their stuff when they get it (though that may feed the addiction0 :)

WitMom
09-07-2008, 10:58 PM
I have never ordered from Boden before, but I had the buy 3, get the fourth for $1 promo e-mail, so thought I would give it a try. I hope the sizes I ordered are correct. I got the Atlantic Half Zip in brown/white polka dot, the Essential Shirt in the pink leaf print, the Double Layer Henley in blue and the favorite Cardigan in the green and blue stripe.

SOme of their pants and skirts look good, but I have a really hard time fitting clothes on my pear shaped figure. If anyone has tried any that they have found to be especially great and are pear shaped, I'm all ears.